Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

about boards bans for abuse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

green123 wrote:
    i am not greatly mistaken or lying.

so you think its fair that some of us get warned and told to be nice for complaining about a thread title, while the person who posted the stupid thread title and called us idiots and saps hears no more about it ?

he is allowed to go on posting stupid thread titles and continue to call people idiots and saps

you are completely right. he will go on posting stupid threads titles and calling people idiots for complaining about the stupid thread titles.

i can say it again for you if you want, just in case you felt the need to make the same point again?

green123 wrote:
    the problem isnt the idiot thing.

the problem is that some of us get warned and told to be nice for complaining about a thread title, while the person who posted the stupid thread title and called us idiots and saps hears no more about it

i told everyone to shut up, so technically speaking, they did hear more about it, which makes this another inaccurate post by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

i told everyone to shut up, so technically speaking, they did hear more about it, which makes this another inaccurate post by you.

no this is not another inaccurate post by me.

to make another inaccurate post i would have had to make at least one previous inaccurate post and i have not made any inaccurate posts yet .

therefore youre post is inaccurate.

he almost certainly has not read the thread since.
    so technically he has heard no more about it .

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

green123 wrote:

this looks to be inaccurate. technically you have no idea who
    has and hasn't read the thread. So technically you are talking rubbish.
    Lets all misuse technically in non technical situations. yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

green123 wrote:

to make another inaccurate post i would have had to make at least one previous inaccurate post and i have not made any inaccurate posts yet .

therefore youre post is inaccurate..
    Try saying that 3 times after 17 vodkas :D

• Advertisement

green123 wrote:

therefore youre post is inaccurate.

ok, so if i get the person who used the term idiot as a generalisation, to read the last post, and make sure they are also told to shut up, will that make a difference?

copacetic wrote:
    this looks to be inaccurate. technically you have no idea who
    has and hasn't read the thread. So technically you are talking rubbish.
    Lets all misuse technically in non technical situations. yay!

i agree.
    we dont know who has read the thread.
    thats why i said almost certainly, not certainly.

it is most likely that the person has not read the thread since, so therefore i am right in more cases than the white wash man

ok, so if i get the person who used the term idiot as a generalisation, to read the last post, and make sure they are also told to shut up, will that make a difference?

Maybe you can get a banner ad?

no that would not make much difference.

it was not just a generalisation.
    it is clear that he was specifically referring to me and the others that complained about his stupid thread title.

copacetic wrote:
    Maybe you can get a banner ad?

yes a banner ad telling people to post relevant titles to threads

• Advertisement

green123 wrote:
    no that would not make much difference.

it was not just a generalisation.
    it is clear that he was specifically referring to me and the others that complained about his stupid thread title.

well, it seems we are still disagreeing. keep at it though, i can go all day.

it wont change anything, and if you are still outraged at the inhumanity of it all, then you can pm an admin and tell them that im an awful mod, and that mods are all power hungry whores, and that you are disgusted that someone generalised about idiots, and you took it to heart.

perhaps an smod will over rule me? you could ask them as well? in fact, while i am getting a banner made up to make sure the OP of the original post has seen my telling him to shut up as well as everyone else, you could do the same.

im still curious though as to what is going to make you feel better. i dont want you to continue your journey though life feeling inferior because someone wasnt banned on an internet forum for calling everyone who complained about a thread title an idiot.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

FFS.

There isn't a gathering card or owl picture sarcastic enough for this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

1174330218-1173515151840.jpg

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nope, sorry sok - still doesn't quite capture the urge I feel to yell "STFU!! STFU!! ST****ing ****U!!!" at my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

This is still going on? !!!111 omg, wtf, lol, etc.

/yawns and leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

green123, I dont see what it is you have a problem with? No one refered to you directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

oscarBravo wrote:
    Nope, sorry sok - still doesn't quite capture the urge I feel to yell "STFU!! STFU!! ST****ing ****U!!!" at my screen.

this help?

stfu_noob.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

No more apples in the vending machine please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

oscarBravo wrote:
    This any better?

NOOOO!!!.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Everybody who has posted in this thread and will post to it is an idiot.

Especially me.

• Advertisement

:(

if i was a dog, id be doing bow wow wow noises right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What and not licking your own balls ?

:(

if i was a dog, id be doing bow wow wow noises right now.

sure go ahead, you can do the noises, I know you can.

Thaedydal wrote:
    What and not licking your own balls ?

oh god. janet. if only.if only.#and dont you even suggest you wouldnt do it if you could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't have those type of 'balls', Emo I mean eamo but emo eamo doest have a certain ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hagar wrote:
    Mods are not bots we sleep and live too.
    Blasphemy!!! I don't pay monies for them to burn the wax, and stay on all nights!!onehundredandeleven!!!!!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I actually felt my IQ drop reading this thread. It has 24 hours to live before I execute ULTIMATA POWA on its ass!!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Isn't there anything more dramatic than locking it? It's a bit like a detonator clock counting backwards to zero and then giving a 'click'.

Explosion maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So when a suer reports a post, all moderators can he that report?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

eYs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement