Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

about boards bans for abuse

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Interesting, explains something I was wondering about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I don't think hosted mods can see the reported posts sub-forum. I'm open to correction on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

green123 wrote:
    if i call someone an idiot and a sap will i get banned ?

Probably. The personal abuse ban is like taking a dive in the penalty area. Some retarded members will attempt to provoke abuse if the other poster is clearly making an idiot of them. The report button is the last stand of the man who loses the arguement tbh.
    green123 wrote:
    ok
    and now another question.

if someone calls me an idiot and a sap will they get banned ?

Only if they arent the mod of that forum. Mods for some bizarre reason are allowed to personally abuse within their own territory.

I say abuse away personally, we are all adults, and some people really do deserve to be told it, but The Man dont like it, and so it cant be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Only if they arent the mod of that forum. Mods for some bizarre reason are allowed to personally abuse within their own territory.

Would you care to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Tha Gopher wrote:
    The report button is the last stand of the man who loses the arguement tbh.
    Absolute bollix.
    There was an incident about a month ago that essentially meant the mod of that forum was banned for a month for personal abuse.
    I say abuse away personally, we are all adults, and some people really do deserve to be told it, but The Man dont like it, and so it cant be said.
    Exactly, we're all adults. We can debate without resorting to personal insults. That's what the adults on this site do; discussion with basic respect and manners. If that's not for you, I don't know why you post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

In before ULTIMATA POWA lockage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

delly wrote:
    In before ULTIMATA POWA lockage :p

According to Amp, that makes you an idiot then...

... wait a minute ... :eek: Double-hit combo! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm honoured to be mentioned in the same post as Lord AMP.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Probably. The personal abuse ban is like taking a dive in the penalty area. Some retarded members will attempt to provoke abuse if the other poster is clearly making an idiot of them. The report button is the last stand of the man who loses the arguement tbh.

complete rubbish, what usually happens is that someone loses an argument realises it, doesn't want to admit it and just calls someone an idiot or a tosser
    instead of continuing the argument.

Resorting to personal abuse is the last stand of the idiot if you will (not that we haven't all done it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

smashey wrote:
    Would you care to back that up?

Off the top of my head WWMan and De Vore have done it, though i cant recall exactly when/dont particularly care, it was quite a few months ago anyway (WWMan iirc edited a post I made that he was quoting to be abusive, but being an adult i couldnt really give a sh1te and nor should anyone else). Not that there is any type of problem with it, its just the one rule for them thing that gets me. However it cant be denied that there are certain posters who post an awful amount of cock and, when theyre clearly losing, post some nonsense that is bound to inspire abuse, and then run and tell mammy. Honest to god you would swear some mods get the horn from banning people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Tha Gopher wrote:
    we are all adults

I thought Boards was open to anyone over the age of 13?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The Gopher wrote:
    Off the top of my head WWMan and De Vore have done it, though i cant recall exactly when/dont particularly care, it was quite a few months ago anyway (WWMan iirc edited a post I made that he was quoting to be abusive, but being an adult i couldnt really give a sh1te and nor should anyone else). Not that there is any type of problem with it, its just the one rule for them thing that gets me. However it cant be denied that there are certain posters who post an awful amount of cock and, when theyre clearly losing, post some nonsense that is bound to inspire abuse, and then run and tell mammy. Honest to god you would swear some mods get the horn from banning people.
    Wow! You're so mature. Well done on that. If only everyone could have the wisdom of years that you do. Wouldn't we live in a far better place? What magnanimity you show! "mods get the horn from banning people": Poetry that could only be uttered by the most serene and wise of us.

Of course, me being a tender youngling, I don't see why we should go around abusing people when reasonable discussion can take its place. But as I say, I'm naive and unwise. Per chance in years to come, I can learn to live as you do, in harmony with those inner demons that promote anger inside me when someone tries to tell me I'm an idiot, or a sap, or some such. Such a flaw in the knit of my persona, it's true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement