Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage against the machine?

• 27-11-2004 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

so what do rap/ hip hop fans think of RATM? I know they've been labelled rap-rock. any1 ever hear their cover of NWA **** tha police

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

patsmear wrote:
    so what do rap/ hip hop fans think of RATM? I know they've been labelled rap-rock. any1 ever hear their cover of NWA **** tha police

yeah it's pretty good alright. and rage played on the rock mix of Snoop Dogg's "Snoop Bounce" which is pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah, Heard it! & Have it... The Live Version. They are by far My All Time favorite band!

Tom Tom Morello... What a Genius

Have a listen to his unrestricted improvisation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

Roar wrote:
    yeah it's pretty good alright. and rage played on the rock mix of Snoop Dogg's "Snoop Bounce" which is pretty cool

wow, never knew that where can i find it?

I wonder if the RATM tribute will do **** tha police or how i cud just kill a man at their gig in january

Renegades of funk ! that'd be cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 patsmear

I wonder if the RATM tribute will do **** tha police or how i cud just kill a man at their gig in january

Renegades of funk ! that'd be cool

Have you seen them before? what do they call themsevles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 carl johnson

"Bulls On Parade" yea, I saw them twice before. ****ing deadly. don't think they've played in Ireland for about 2 years. last time I saw them they played nearly all of the first album and about 3 or 4 from every other album. I've seen them in Belfast twice when I was at college up there. Have they ever played in Dublin b4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's on Snoop Dogg's Death Row's Greatest Hits, the last track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Zach De La Rocha did a song with KRS called C.I.A and did a song with DJ Shadow called March of Death, both very good songs, Zach was supposed to be working on a solo album & apparently he did 3 songs with DJ Shadow but ive only heard the one.

On Renegades, Rage's last album, released just after they split in 2000, they did covers of some other songs aswell

Renegades of Funk (Afrika Bambaataa)
    Microphone Fiend (Eric B. & RAKIM)
    Pistol Grip Pump (Volume 10)
    I'm Housin' (EPMD)
    How I Could Just Kill A Man (Cypress Hill)

I've alot of Respect for the man, i was a big fan of Rage and would like to hear some new material from Zach coz he 'aint a bad MC either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I love Township Rebellion! Amazing Song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

'Centre of the Storm' from Roni Size's 'In the Mode' Album is also worth a listen.

The solo project seems to have stalled. There were a whole host of rumours doing the rounds about who was producing it. DJ Shadow, El-P and Trent Reznor all allegedly had a piece of the project.

Advertisement