Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carl Froch

• 24-03-2007 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭

Is this guy capable of beating Calzaghe? He wants to fight Calzaghe but i can't see that happening for a while yet. Calzaghe should fight Kessler or Taylor, this is assuming he doesn't come unstuck against Manfredo.
    Froch, seems to have the ability to knock out any opponent- as he stopped the durable Tatevosyan in two rounds last Friday night. This guy had never been stopped before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He looked very good in his win but against the top of the class like calzaghe this might not be the case-best way of knowing is give the lad a shot. he's not far off anyway...

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yeah he definitely deserves a crack at the top guys like Calzaghe or Kessler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Froch is good but should face the likes of Bute or Mundine before being thrown in at the deep end . HBO need to make sure a fight between Calzaghe and Kessler happens , they are miles ahead of the rest of the division .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭henryb

correct me if im wrong, but a few weeks back someone on
    this forum actually said that they thought john duddy
    was ready to challenge calzaghe for his world title.
    I didnt actually see the fight but some of my mates
    were at it and werent the least bit impressed to be
    honest. While i know duddy has a major irish following
    in the states and theres a fair bit of hype about
    him from what ive seen of him a few times hes a long way
    off any world title shot just yet.

Advertisement