Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else getting a lot of blank pages?

• 24-03-2007 2:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭

In last hour or so I'm getting blank pages a lot. For instance when I clicked new thread here I got a blank page and had to reload to get the page up. I've lost a couple of posts with this problem too. Just me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... it's happening about 50% of the time for me.

Haven't lost anything though... my text is always still there when I hit the back button.

Adverts.ie doesn't seem to opening up at all for me though.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yep... it's happening about 50% of the time for me.

Haven't lost anything though... my text is always still there when I hit the back button.

Adverts.ie doesn't seem to opening up at all for me though.

yeah, now that I have copped on it is boards and not my browser I have't lost anything but the first couple of times reloaded the main page rather than just refreshed and lost posts then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

yeah about 50% for me too.

---just tried to submit that and page reloaded without text and I lost the text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I keep getting told that FF is trying to open a php file and what program would I like to use to open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well that does it.

I for one am going to go outside instead... It's all a plot to get us to enjoy the lovely day.

• Advertisement

Well that does it.

I for one am going to go outside instead... It's all a plot to get us to enjoy the lovely day.

nah, i'll call that plan b to be put into action if they TV breaks too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

John wrote:
    I keep getting told that FF is trying to open a php file and what program would I like to use to open it.
    Me too John :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

screw this, im trying to watch american idol, im being stalked by some lunatic, and now the blank pages.

im going on a beer run. prepare for inane and drunken postings around 6pm today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

John wrote:
    Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

copacetic wrote:
    In last hour or so I'm getting blank pages a lot. For instance when I clicked new thread here I got a blank page and had to reload to get the page up. I've lost a couple of posts with this problem too. Just me?

I get this about 90% of the time, have to keep hitting refresh.:confused: My F5 key is going to wear out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Happening here too. Lucily I am in and out of work going to the pub and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PorkHole

I'm a big feckin' eejit.

I'm going for a walk and maybe play some guitar. Boards isn't ****ing up for me anymore but I feel if everyone else is doing something quasi-productive then I may as well join them.

That was a quick ban!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Blankety blank.

I'm getting them also.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,743 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

John wrote:
    I was getting a lot of that, but I just cleared my cache there and it's all working fine now. Strange though! :/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, I'm getting some oddities too, I'll see if anyone is working on the site (or has been).

DeV.

Was just attacked by a blank screen on the homepage.

John wrote:
    In regards to this one, it seems to happen most often when viewing new posts, rather than when just reading through a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

happening to me too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I have been getting this too but outside of boards aswell and the thing is it has only been happening since that update that firefox did a day or two ago . I think someone has quite possibly stuck their foot in it.

Is everyone using firefox to view? There's a thread here hypothesising that FF's to blame (no, not Fianna Fail).

/what Citizen_Erased said :p

I have been getting this too but outside of boards aswell and the thing is it has only been happening since that update that firefox did a day or two ago . I think someone has quite possibly stuck their foot in it.

for me at least this is only seems to be happening on boards. However I am on FF 2.0.0.3 too so can't rule that out. Is everyone who has posted on here using Firefox with the latest update?

Citizen are you getting in on all types of sites or only forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

im on latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Using the latest Firefox as well (updated yesterday) and have seen a few blank pages described.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Every kind of site but it happens to varying degrees on different sites . I thought at first I might have had a spybot. Generally it does seem to be sites with interactive content that do it worst like POSTdata and the like

I'm on FF 1.5, and it has only happened to me so far on boards and not on any of the other vb sites i'm on.

I'm using IE7 now and so far no blank pages so this may not be anything to do with boards at all? duh, me. Thanks citizen..

edit - I tell a lie I've now gotten a couple of errors back from IE too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I find it helps if you press really, really hard on the mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

adverts doesnt seem to be working at all.

Advertisement