Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnected network shares on bootup!

Options
  • 24-03-2007 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I've a small home network with an NAS server storing all my files. I'm using a Netgear router which also has wireless capabilities. My problem is with my HTPC. When I boot the HTPC, media center automatically starts but it cannot connect to my network shares on the NAS server. I have to open windows explorer and double click on each share to physically establish a connection and then restart the Media Center application.

This is really frustrating. I've googled up on it but no joy so far. Best answer I've seen is that this worked in Win2000 but was removed by MS for WinXP to speed up the booting process. But no solution was given how to enable this feature.

Anyone know if it's possible to force the connections on startup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Would a logon script work:

Something like:

net use <drive letter>: /delete
    net use <drive letter>: \\servername\sharename

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was looking at scripts but then I came across a solution that works great.

I set up a user account on the NAS server to match the XP user account and password. Then in TweakUI I enabled autologon and it worked. Network drives all connected. Simple solution in the end.

Advertisement