Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

have any of you been stopped and asked to lift bonnet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Dyslexic with Tourettes. That's very sad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

go the hole weekend wit out people slagging for spelling mistake really mature lads I'm dyslexic so f*** you

actually, Darren - you're right. Mea culpa on that...........sometimes we take too much for granted........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

lads I'm dyslexic

In that case I do apologize!

It's just that there are so many people out there posting in txt speak, it's really annoying and I took you to be one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Its up to the Garda what he/she deems as 'safe'

Doesn't really matter what you think at the end of the day the garda can seize the car if they feel its unsafe (for whatever reason) and have it PSV tested.

Its a catchall to determine if the vehicle is roadworthy.

Although i hear alot of the Garda cars are so thrashed they wouldn't pass a PSV themselves :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

go the hole weekend wit out people slagging for spelling mistake really mature lads I'm dyslexic so f*** you

It's not really your spelling people have a problem with it's you laziness. I'm dyslexic also.
    Just remember you have about 101 keys on your keyboard not 9, like a phone.
    Dictionaries and spell checkers are available free online .

If you really can not tell the difference between wood and would, hole and whole etc. Perhaps there are night classes in English in your area which you could atted. It could make life a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

it taks me long anuf to text short so ill text how i like and if u dont like it dont comment on it thanks

right my mate is getting a gsr lancer 1.8t he thinks he wont get caught if he insures it as a 1.8 seen as its 1.8 on the logbook wat could happen to him don't think he was even in trouble wit the cops

If your mate has lied on his insurance proposal form, then his insurance will be null and void if caught, he will then technically have been driving without insurance and so will face the same laws that he would have faced if he had no insurance at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

It happened me before with my last car.

I was passing a random checkpoint and asked to pop the bonnet,i had a cone replacement filter and the gaurds exact words were "this is illegal,your engine displacement has changed so your un-insured"

With statements like that id be worried about being stopped as you could have a painted rocker cover and be told its a jet engine installed in your car.

Too many people knowingly insure cars wrongly and it pisses me off,my current insurance on a 1.6vti civic is 2200,its 800 on a normal 1.6 civic so its obvious which premium the half brainers are going to go for.

tuxy wrote:
    It's not really your spelling people have a problem with it's you laziness. I'm dyslexic also.
    Just remember you have about 101 keys on your keyboard not 9, like a phone.
    Dictionaries and spell checkers are available free online .

If you really can not tell the difference between wood and would, hole and whole etc. Perhaps there are night classes in English in your area which you could atted. It could make life a lot easier.

how patronising??? I didn't realise that boards was the place to interrogate people over their spelling and use of words? like Darren says, if you don't like it, don't read it, pathetic, must have very little else to do except slate others.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Grainne C wrote:
    like Darren says, if you don't like it, don't read it

No it is not like Darren says. See the charter on txt spk...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    No it is not like Darren says. See the charter on txt spk...
    ah yes but he has already explained that it is not text speak??? he has explained that he is dyslexic, is there a charter on disabilities? is there a charter on spelling mistakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Grainne C wrote:
    ah yes but he has already explained that it is not text speak?

He said:
    it taks me long anuf to text short so ill text how i like

Putting in a bit of an effort when posting shows respect to others, but rest assured, there's no spelling police out here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

galwaytt wrote:

However a mod, which does NOT make it dangerous, is legit, and there's nothing any Garda - or anyone else - can do about it. There are no laws to stopping you modding your car the the nth degree.

Sorry, but you are wrong here.
    Google ROAD TRAFFIC (CONSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT AND USE OF VEHICLES) REGULATIONS, 1963

with respect to silencers

e) every silencer or similar contrivance which is required to be fitted under these Regulations shall be maintained in good and efficient working order and shall not have been altered in such a way that the noise caused by the escape of the exhaust gases is made greater by the alteration;

There are plenty of other points within the act that are valid towards car modifiers too - the exhaust one is just an example.

Advertisement