Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats Ur Experience OF Meeting Wrestlers

• 24-03-2007 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hey wats anyone who has actually met wrestler ..wats were they really like . i meet finley .seemed ok but kinda abit like get outta my face . not too friendly !! meet Paul London and he was sound eugh but again not too friendly .. met teddy long and he was really sound . didnt think he actually use the work ''Player'' in real life:p ..seem like a cool guy neways

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just gonna copy and paste the list from my myspace:

Kurt Angle (x2) ~ John Cena (x3)~ Stone Cold Steve Austin ~ Big Show ~ Kane ~ Paul London ~ Funaki ~ Billy Kidman ~ Mark Jindrak ~ HeidenReich ~ Matt Morgan ~ Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat ~ Finlay (x2)~ Trish Stratus ~ Victoria ~ Torria Wilson (x2) ~ HeidenReich ~ Lilian Garcia ~ Teddy Long ~ Justin Roberts ~ Brian Hebner ~ Gregory Helms ~ Mr. Kennedy ~ William Regal ~ The Undertaker

I have never experienced any problem with any wrestlers when meeting them....well...Orlando Jordan was a bit narky and didn't want to sign an autograph...but other than that they have all been more than happy to sign one!

I think the Divas I have met have been the nicest, especially Victoria and Lilian, who both went and signed autographs for every single person waiting inside and outside the hotel at the time!

HeidenReich (sound),Funaki, Cena, London, Long, Austin, Big Show, Roberts and Angle (the first time I met him anyway) were all pleasant even though it was about 6/7 in the morning, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Ive met a few,

I worked the smackdown show a few years back in san diego...before the show...during the day....we met eddie guerro and rey mysterio outside the 7/11 close to where they were staying....they were friendly...and gladly signed autographs....ne way...worked backstage that evening for the smackdown show.....did kinda ruin it for me ...even tho you know its completly fake, but when ur there and they are all best pals backstage...agents laying out matches etc...makes you see if differntley.....as staff we werent supposed to bother the wrestlers but **** it...was my last week workin there..so i was goin round askin for photos...got on with kurt angle...and john cena...cena was bang on..handshake...the lot...angle..was warmin up so got impression i was totally bothering him..but he said sure...and nothing else....seeing torrie wilson stand right beside you was wierd..those 'divas' are unreal in person...gorgeous...was to nervous to say a word to her :eek: (rememebr when i got there to start work.billy gunn was gettin his back cracked/massaged or whatnot on the table..torrie walked over n said hi to em n he just said..**** off....cud of been messin/just the way he is i dunno)...heidenrich in person...was huge by the way......afterwards...we had to form a line...n walk alongside when eddie guerro was leaving..the fans were mental trying to get at him(SD)...he seemed humbled by it all........when all the wrestlers had gone...paul london remained..at his car signing autgraphs long after...so we stood there make sure all was ok..sound guy..talked away...loves ireland apparently..

Raw 2 years ago..atteneded the show ringside....was the show where kurt angle was announced as the draft pick to raw....and jericho turned on cena(which was great cos we were cheerin jericho...yet none the maerican jocks cud understand why we were givin cena such a hard time)..went out for drinks ne ways..walkin back in..n lillian garcia walked past...so i stopped n just looked at her..then this arm came n pushed me out of the way saying(get out of it)....i was like wtf......was maven....the big ignorant prick....

but all in all..positive experiences from meeting wrestlers....will never get those chances again i wouldnt say...was nice to meet eddie to..who died later that year(RIP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I met the smackdown roster when they were in Dublin last.Most of them were fine especially Paul London who made an effort to come down ages before everyone else just to meet the fans.
    JBL and Batista were pricks-JBL ignored anyone who asked him for an autograph and Batista was an arrogant **** even though he agreed to sign a few autographs.
    Chavo only signed an autograph for me and wasnt really up for a chat.However that was probably because it was one year to the day since eddie(rip) died.

I met a few others when they were doing signings in various stores around dublin.
    Im looking forward to meeting a few RAW superstars next.I have read though that guys like Randy Orton have a big ego thing and can be pricks

didnt think he actually use the work ''Player'' in real life:p ..seem like a cool guy neways

When I heard him say that outside the Point I was godsmacked lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I saw JBL walk out of a bank and cross Dame St once. He looked huge. I shouted out his name and waved, he looked around. Nice guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Iv met most of the SD! and a few of the RAW roster and found Paul London to be very very cool along with Matt Hardy both of whom seemed interested in having a chat with me and my mate. Most where generally fine with photos and autograhs apart from Batista who was a total pri*k which was suprising considering he was is the babyface World Champ.

Also about 3 years bumped into Randy Orton, Tyson Tomko and Johnny Nitro in the Porterhouse i was a bit aprehensive approaching Orton given his on-screen persona but when i was at the bar beside him i just said "Awesome show and a pleasure to meet you" and to his credit he bought me a pint and we had good chat for about 45 mins with him saying how the Irish fans were prob the past he has performed in front of.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Met Paul London and Rene Dupree after a show in america a couple of years ago. Paul London was really cool but rene was a right twat.

R.Rated wrote:
    i was a bit aprehensive approaching Orton given his on-screen persona but when i was at the bar beside him i just said "Awesome show and a pleasure to meet you" and to his credit he bought me a pint and we had good chat for about 45 mins with him saying how the Irish fans were prob the past he has performed in front of.
    il keep that in mind then when I go up to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

~ HeidenReich ......... HeidenReich
    Just thought I would let you know you have HeidenReich twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I met Jake Roberts in Tallaght a few years ago at one of those shows in the Basketball Arena. Kinda rushed thing cos loads of ppl were queuing to see him so not much time to say anything... I just said hey your promos were always great man and he seemed pleased with that and unlike most ppl who he posed with put his arm around my shoulder and actually posed for a nice pic instead of just standing there like a robot as he did with most ppl.

The photo itself, I`m 6'6 myself and a fairly big guy, but I look real small next to him. He just has a massive presence in the photo and you can almost see through me I look so pale next to him... And I`m not pale at all, but he is so tanned the contrast is crazy.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i met helms,kennedy,finlay,jillian,teddy long and rey mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I've met Austin,Big Show,Joh Cena,Teddy Long,Torrie Wilson,Heidenreich,Nick Patrick,Rey Mysterio,Paul London,Mark Jindrak at the Summer Bash back in 2005. Big Show came out of the hotel to smoke a cigarette,thought smoking stunted your growth! He was saying the Irish fans are crazy.Got autographs n pics with Austin and Cena,both are dead on,meeting Austin was unreal,I was still shaking after it! London and Teddy are sound as well (asked him about Rodney Mack) JBL is an ignorant so and so alright. Met Kurt Angle and Trish in HMV at a signing. Angle saw my "Its True Its True" t-shirt and affirmatively nodded :D

At the Raw taping in Manchester I met Carlito,Mickie James,Kenny Dykstra,Trevor Murdoch,Hardcore Holly,Edge,Ric Flair,Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Flair and DX were in a rush to get their flight but they all said hello.

Something I've noticed, not just here, but hearing stories from other people, is that Batista is the only wrestler I can think of who very rarely seems to have time for his fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    Something I've noticed, not just here, but hearing stories from other people, is that Batista is the only wrestler I can think of who very rarely seems to have time for his fans

Mick Foley in his book wrote a bit of a tribute to Batista in the way he treated some of the ill kids at the shows. He's apparently a fairly quiet guy.

Obviously there are millions of worse things that can happen to you but dealing with fame from the moment you leave your room until you go to bed isn't easiest thing always. Some have the personality to deal with it better than others.

Fozzy wrote:
    even when he does seem to have time hes an ignorant prick.....
    Obviously there are millions of worse things that can happen to you but dealing with fame from the moment you leave your room until you go to bed isn't easiest thing always. Some have the personality to deal with it better than others.
    Theres no way that you should try to be the star of a brand/company if you don't even have time for those that pay good money that goes toward your pay cheque-the fans.
    If guys can Paul London go out of their way to take pictures and sign autographs for every fan waiting outside an arena,in the hotel lobby or in the car park,and they get paid a fraction of what Batista gets paid,why can't they do it?

fatal wrote:

Theres no way that you should try to be the star of a brand/company if you don't even have time for those that pay good money that goes toward your pay cheque-the fans.
    ?

But like I said in my last post on this, Foley tells a story of how Batista was very giving towards ill kids. I don't think its a simple as "hes an ignorant prick". I'm not saying the guy is an angel but who is 100% of their time all of they're lives? I

We're all human and I guess my point is that its hard/impossible to be "on" all the time. Its kind of a fish bowl existence they lead, especially the top guys and older fans (not kids) should be a bit understanding I think.

Plus once the WWE puts on a good show, that how I feel they earn their money. If Booker T and me end up doing spinaroonees in Burger King, great but I don't expect it.

I like a lot of sports and I have to say the WWE in general are great towards they're fans in comparison. We don't own them 24/7 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I know he's gone, and not overly impressive, but I met Maven in wwf new york back in oct 2001. This was not long after he'd won tough enough, and before the show had ended on mtv here. A very nice chap.

Also met Kurt Angle at a book signing a couple of days later ..... it was a quick in, what's your name sign book, next, job. But he couldn't understand how to spell my name (Colm), ending with me having to explain it to the assistant beside him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cenas boy

i met chris jericho last year when fozzy came to london.he was alot smaller than i thought he'd be.also met kurt angle and christie hemme.she is so hot.ran into alot of them a few years back outside the evening news areana.sables boobs are huge lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

HBK, you are the luckiest S.O.B. ever!!!
    (thats a compliment by the way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

BlackMamba wrote:
    HBK, you are the luckiest S.O.B. ever!!!
    (thats a compliment by the way)

Why? If you are referring to any of the above named women, HBK didn't throw them one. That was Sunny....so hot back then :rolleyes: :o , such a fat mess now:( :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why? If you are referring to any of the above named women, HBK didn't throw them one. That was Sunny....so hot back then :rolleyes: :o , such a fat mess now:( :mad:

I wouldn't say she's a mess. I bet you still would. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I have to endorse what Vince said regards fans wanting a piece of a wrestler in relation to Batista.

I happen to work in entertainment and as such, I do get a lot of attention from punters, who for the most part, are asking nicely for a piece of your time. However some of them will hold you back from you doing what you have to do at that moment in time and you do have to move on from them on occassion; it is not essentially your job to humour the public, important and all as it is to do so. As well, you do need to remember that you may well be the umpteenth person askin for their attention that day and eventually it will grind on them no matter how nice they are on screen.

I actually read the first positive Batista-meeting experience that I can recall yesterday. So maybe he does have his good days!

Hamndegger wrote:

I happen to work in entertainment

Please tell me your Bobby Heenan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hamndegger wrote:
    I happen to work in entertainment and as such, I

Yeah PLese tell us what u do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Please tell me your Bobby Heenan.

How dissappointed will you be if Ham'nd'egger turns out to be Lynda Martin.

not that that's not exciting too.

Advertisement