Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for studying

• 24-03-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

What is the best way to study?I am finding it hard to get down to study and i need some tips.How do you study?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Read over it and write down questions while reading it and then see can you answer them at the end!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Look through some of the other threads, some good tips there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The most simplest thing to do is at the end of each chapter in a book try and answer all the questions without looking back over the chapter, then once you're able to do that, so previous exam questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

aye
    my way[when, rarely,i get around to studying] is do an exam paper question with the book, then a week later do it without the book
    read over what you got wrong, then attempt again a few days later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

thanks for all of the tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We did a "study skills" class in Careers in 3rd year. One of the ideas was to bounce a ball to a rhythm and then learn something off whuile bouncing it. Another was to make up a song about the topic(change lyrics of existing song either)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

A good way you can get stuff into your head is, if you make concise notes, and say them loads and loads of times, it will stick. :)

Keep doing exam papers. Then do some more. And then some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

okay thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

another good one is to think, i cant do this, and jsut stare at the book for a while, something will eventually get in there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

I just write down eveything i read in a hardback copy, i remember it and if i don't itss all there in the copy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 timisaprick

#Elites wrote:
    i never did any study in the way of reading books etc, i just listned in class, then at home i did loads of pastpapers, along with my normal homework and i was grand..

the JC doesn't need that much study, as long as you listen in class and do homework!

If only that was so easy for me lol with my loud class at our worst point we where having our Easter Maths class the subject Algerbra was hard enough, but with wasters that decided not to the test with it being so hard worst of all they kept talking while I was doing the test.I got 49% in that test even though I thought I was going to get less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

For me writing down notes has always been the best way for me to learn. Everyone is different though and different things work for everyone.

Another tip that works for me is to not try and study for 2-3 hours constantly. Study for an hour, take a break and then study another hour. I find I'm much more alert when I do it that way as after an hour my concentration goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

wat i did for the pre's was jus write everything out or type it out. It really helps. or make bullet points for eveything. It shortens it down alot.
    I just have to start doing that again now for the jc!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

notes seem to be the best way to go for most, im just not botheres now, wil do em for the lc tough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

aye....abit late to start notes now for me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

Don't think so. When yu take down notes, you don't have to read things twice because as you write you take in the information better. Oh and btw, the best advice i can give for this topic is if you stay on top of things and pay attention in class and do your homework and put effort in, you will never hage to study... EVER

Advertisement