Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else feeling the burn?

• 24-03-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Now I know its a Saturday , middle of the mid-term and its a beautiful sunny day but campus seems very quiet. Im under a massive ammount of pressure to get coursework done over the next two weeks. In total I have 6 essays 1 exam and 1 fieldwork project totalling about 10000 words and that dosnt even include study time.

Now this isnt a rant but from what I can see there seems to be a very limited ammount of people around here in the "fcuked" boat. Do I have an abnormal ammount of coursework or are others just acting the monkey? All in all is anyone else "feeling the burn".

For the record in a 2nd year Arts student.

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well all i can say for my course is we've just done 2 weeks of placement (I was in Cork, hence my absence of late...) n we have a couple of upcoming exams as well as those Summer ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yup I'm in a similar boat too, seven essays and a presentation to do, two exams to study for and barely a week left to fit them all in coz of a compulsory Gaeltacht trip [not complaining about that though]. Just have to suck it up I suppose only a year left:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I feel a wee bit swamped at the moment myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I have 5 essays and a project to do over the next few weeks. The joy. Plus you know, finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I dont have as much coursework this semester compared to last semester but what coursework I do have is far more hard, boring and uninteresting multiplied x 20 and I've just avoided everything over the past 2 weeks so unless I pull the finger out this week I'll be in the ****ed in the ass for the last 5 weeks with ex**s coming in May.... I'm getting scared thinking about final year come September..... eeeeeeeek :(:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I have essays to write, essays to research, assignments to do... but I haven't been able to do a tap since I've had tonsilitis since the middle of the first week of the break. Guess I'll just get everything extended..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I have about 9,000 words worth of essays to do over the next two weeks or so. Then finals :)
    Despite this I took half of this week off to work and the other half off to drink.
    I'm moving back into the library tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, I'm boned. I had a sh*tload of essays and research to do for the midterm break, and I haven't done a tap. Went in to college once, I think. Or maybe that was just a dream. So yeah, I have that guilty feeling ("the burn" as you call it) of having basically wasted an inordinate amount of time just faffing about when I could've been getting some really really ridiculously important work out of the way.

On the bright side, I'm off to Norn Iron for 3 days on Monday.

So at least I'm getting a well-deserved break from all this hectic academia.

Errr...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Tbh I'm not. But then again I'm just finished my Erasmus course this week and had about 7 presentations to do as well as two exams in the course of that with most of the work being due over the last fortnight.

I will no doubt feel the burn when I get back, I have to complete two modules in 4 weeks and the exams for both are on in review week. It may be rather painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I've got two projects to do including one midterm exam to study for coming back.I also really need to get some readings done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

wish i was feeling the burn, then i might actually do some work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sangre wrote:
    wish i was feeling the burn, then i might actually do some work.

Yeah thats true, its all done at the last minute for me.I would work better and harder under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I have a homework sheet and a lab report due, and an exam the first day back

But I'd swop it all for what ye all got cos I've gotta go make an apology tomorrow that I don't wanna do :( cos I've embarrassed myself senseless

But on a negative side I've not done much :( I down loaded my homework... I've been spending more time sleeping and bumming around the UCC student centre (which is so not as good as ours-no couchs and the place is a rip off, and I heard their manager is paid €240,000 a year!) And the students complain when they've to walk all the way across campus... (thats a max 6 min walk)

Sorry ya, I hear the mech eng's have a load though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Five essays still to hand up, and nine exams to study for. Bleeeeeehh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Not really. I have to catch up after missing most of last term but it seems simple enough so far. Have three exams to do at summer then hello B.Sc!

Have two mini exams when I get back but they're not worth a huge amount and one is open book.

I'm sure other people's courses are a lot more difficult and time consuming than mine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dont have the three weeks off,stuck in the mater but tis kinda fun so I dont mind not getting a break.

Grimes,dont worry ,just make out a timetable each day for what you want to get done,stick to that and you should be grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

What number week is it when we go back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

1, 8 or 19, depending on what way you're looking at it.

It's week 1 of the Trinity term, week 8 of semester 2 and week 19 of the year (which is 24 weeks long). As far as I know anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Wasn't feeling the burn today! In Child Psychiatry at the mo, a few of us got to mess around in the Occupational Therapy Dept of the place where I'm in placement. Slides, swings, one of these, this and more, great craic.

OT, I've 40% of Psych finals in 5 weeks, not feeling it yet, gonna get cracking on the work this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 smallthing

God i wish i was feelin "the burn".... Had a field trip the 1st week... spent the next week sittin bout at home doin crap all... I hav so much to do and no motivation watsoever!!! Goin bac up ta UCD on wednesday in the hope that having "study buddies" will help... I somehow doubt it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I got the FEAR [cue thunder and lightning flashes] today in the library. I thought it was very busy considering we're still on break and the fact the weather was so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm so bored. Three weeks is way too long.

I wish a tumbleweed would blow by. T'would be something exciting to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

i wish christmas had been shorter. Keep running into course mates and having 2 and a half hour coffee breaks..oh the guilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I love the time off!! I keep going up to UCC with the intention of studying and then sitting on the grass all day long

Corks bad, very bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Got a nice new flatscreen TV today so whatever (little) motivation I had before has been well and truly wiped. I'm relying on my more studious friends to motivate me. Responsible attitude towards my final set of exams in UCD, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I probably would be feeling the burn if I had done any of the work or study that I should be doing, people have my permission to kick me on sight for being a useless layabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Im giving up on doing any work or generally doing anything productive for the final few days..... I finally admit that i'm just a lazy bollix. That bit of coursework due for Monday will be done on Sunday night.

The last 5 weeks are going to be a cramfest from hell!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Scraggs wrote:
    I got the FEAR [cue Ian Brown riding through Soho on a tiny bicycle.]

Wahey! I did all my exams for the year at Xmas since I'm on work placement, so no pressure for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Too much work to do, not enough time and a serious lack of motivation on my part. Lose-lose situation. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

why is it at the very last hurdle we all crumble? i was fairly motivated for the xmas exams but all that energy and optimism has been replaced with a never ending desire to see the next episodes of prison break and lost. i'm a complete mess!

Advertisement