Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anything wrong with this audi s3?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Loosing two thirds of the original value over 6 years isn't unusual. Suppose it's still too dear, hence it's still for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Cyrus wrote:
    they seem to have had it for ages, was ridiculously priced for a long time, bit better now tho

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=299853
    I know that garage rented a van of them once i dont know if i can say what i want to say about them myself i wouldnt buy there but im not saying anything lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That's still stupidly expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Also, the seller is overstating the power: a 2001 S3 has 210bhp, not 225.

Was just thinking a friend of mine traded one in grange motors dublin i think she got 8000grand as a trade for a very clean 00 low miles and bought from new so yes very expensive it seems in rock

• Advertisement

wexford12 wrote:
    Was just thinking a friend of mine traded one in grange motors dublin i think she got 8000grand as a trade for a very clean 00 low miles and bought from new so yes very expensive it seems in rock
    might of been Ballsbridge motors worth giving them a ring see is it still there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That's still stupidly expensive.

seems a decent s3 is 11k sterling for a 01 5k vrt so they are about 20ks worth believe it or not!

i doubt your friend traded an s3 man, if she did she was robbed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wexford12 wrote:

If she traded it in for 8k she as robbed big time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote:
    was ridiculously priced for a long time, bit better now tho

What was the price before?

Still way overpriced now imho...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

unkel wrote:
    What was the price before?

Still way overpriced now imho...

about 27k, 20k is the going rate for a low mileage 01 s3, you couldnt import one for much less :eek:

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote:
    seems a decent s3 is 11k sterling for a 01 5k vrt so they are about 20ks worth believe it or not!

i doubt your friend traded an s3 man, if she did she was robbed :)
    Sorry i was wrong it was a A3 that she traded i didnt see the S bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Don't forget the S3 was IR£40,000+ when it came out.

Advertisement