Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public forest land walking trails in Waterford

• 24-03-2007 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I fancy a walk tomorrow while the weather is decent.

Can anyone recommend a decent forest trail in Waterford? I used to enjoy heading to the Minaun in the mornings but its become scruffy and overgrown.

Anywhere with plenty of fresh air and trees please!

Chr!st Im gone very eco lately.. maybe I just just hire a jeep and drive over some daffodils instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

how about sugar loaf?..ha ha

no seriously lismore in county waterford has great walking trails,its a bit far but it'll be worth it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Portlaw woods are a possibility, tomorrow will be dull until mid afternoon here so pick you moment.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's a bit far but Glenshelane near Cappoquinn is a super walk. I've done it several times now and spotted a few beasties too.
    Linky Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I'd settle for a decent park.. with a big wide open space the size of 4 or 5 pitches, with 4 or 5 sets of goal posts and the whole lot surrounded by trees.

Wouldnt cost much.. but then again, who's gonna listen to me, I havent the resources to build a shopping centre on such land.

That green area at the bowling alley is an excuse for a park.

If anyone is familiar with St. Enda's park or Bushy park in Terenure Dublin, they are perfect examples of what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There's some beautiful woodland in St Johns College. People used to walk there for years but it was recently rezoned from "Open Space" to "Commercial" and subsequently sold by the bishop to a developer - what a surprise!

I'm sure you can still walk there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Actually seeing as I mentioned it in another thread, there's a lot of woodland out on WIT's Carraiganore campus. Members of the public go walking through there daily so there won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

At the Mahon Falls are some nice forest walks.

Advertisement