Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

l.c biology experiments?

Options
  • 24-03-2007 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

ok i'm getting worried, with only a few weeks to go, we still have loads of experiments left (something like fifteen) does anyone know if there is a dvd out there with the experiments on it?

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well they only account for 15% of your marks and 3 come up and you have to choose 2, surely you can just read them from your book?

It's not like it actually helps you that much doing them.. well not for me anyway, the experiments aren't very complicated ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Just read up on them. Once you know the procedure and the equipment required you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

We've only done the food ones so far. My entire class got 0 on Pre in that section cos of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Well they only account for 15% of your marks and 3 come up and you have to choose 2,

Not entirely true. They also can appear in Section C.

me2gud4u - Check out the link on my signature.

There are 22 manditory experiments - some have internal choices so in total 25 exps. Any can appear in the exam.

Best of Luck.

1: Identify 5 Flora and 5 Fauna using a simple key.

2: Use various pieces of apparatus to collect methods plants and animals in an ecosystem.

3:Conduct a quantitative study of plants and animals from a sample area of the selected ecosystem.

4: Investigate 3 abiotic factors present in a selected ecosystem.

5: Be familiar with & use the light microscope.

6: Prepare & examine one animal cell unstained & stained using the light microscope.

7: Prepare & examine one plant cell unstained & stained using the light microscope.

8: Prepare & examine microscopically the tranverse selection of a dicotyledonous stem.

9: Investigate the effect of pH on the rate of catalase activity.

10: Investigate the effect of temperature on the rate of catalase activity.

11: Investigate the effect of heat denaturation on the rate of activity of an enzyme.

12: Prepare one enzyme immobilisation & examine its application.

13: Investigate the growth of leaf yeast using agar plates & controls.

14: Prepare & show the production of alcohol by yeast.

15: Show the effect of carbon dioxide levels on the rate of photosynthesis.

16: Show the effect light intensity on the rate of photosynthesis.

17: Isolate DNA from plant tissue.

18: Investigate the effect of IAA on plant tissue

19: Investigate the effect of water, oxygen & temperature on germination.

20: Use starch agar plates to show digestive activity during germination.

21. Test various foods for starch, fat, reducing sugars & proteins.

22: The aim of this experiment is to demonstrate osmosis.

23: The aim of this experiment is to dissect, display & identify a sheep's heart.

24: The aim of this experiment is to demonstrate the effect of exercise on the heart rate.

25: The aim of this experiment is to demonstrate the effect of exercise on the breathing rate.

Advertisement