Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sports Car Rental

Options
  • 24-03-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Ireland I can rent a sports car?

Specifically, I am looking to rent something like a Porsche 911 for a weekend.

Anyone know of anywhere or anyone that will rent me a Porsche 911 for a weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Jizzer

bump...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

You would probably buy the kit car equivilant cheaper than renting the real thing in this country if you are under 30!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They don't appear to have a Porsche 911, but they have loads of others. Seen them on MPH on TG4, they rent in Ireland and UK.

http://www.starcarhire.co.uk/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

my cousins are looking at setting up a company here for renting cars.
    They are doing it in the uk with a bentley gtc, flying spur,gallardo spyder,m5,911 turbo and many other small cars like m3 etc and arriving soon is a black slr.

They wantto do it here but the only problem is no one will insure these type of cars here for rental. :(

• Advertisement

looks like it aint possible to get a 911 for a weekend.

argus car rental don't offer such high end stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jizzer wrote:
    looks like it aint possible to get a 911 for a weekend.

argus car rental don't offer such high end stuff.

weird, it is definitely possible from somewhere, have seen people do it for weddings and corporate days..

copacetic wrote:
    weird, it is definitely possible from somewhere, have seen people do it for weddings and corporate days..

i agree with you there must be some com[any that does it.best thing is ring des sullen and if they cant do it they must know someone as there in th business for ages.

Found a place in London (pricey when I cost in flights there and ferry back).

Made a few phone calls and looks like there is no one in Ireland at all involved in super car rental i.e Porsche, Lambos etc. The reason is down to Insurance.

Jizzer wrote:
    Found a place in London (pricey when I cost in flights there and ferry back).

Made a few phone calls and looks like there is no one in Ireland at all involved in super car rental i.e Porsche, Lambos etc. The reason is down to Insurance.

There are 1000's of people who rent these type of cars in the uk but as i mentioned before the irish insurance market really need to cop on and reduce premiums and offer more packages like the uk. :)

You can rent range rovers in ireland if you want?

• Advertisement
Advertisement