Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lights at Ashe Road / Matties Hill

• 24-03-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Was out walking today and saw two occurences at these lights today.

The first one involved two women who were crossing while the green man was on, a car came down Matties Hill and ran through the lights assuming like a lot of other motorists do that there is a permanent green arrow on to turn left at the end of the hill. Twice I've had to jump back on to the footpath when the man was green because a car came around the corner when the light for the car's was red. Bloody dangerous it is.

The second incident involved cars coming up to the same lights from the side of the 'Glass. The car at the front of the queue was at least 2 car lengths back from the lights. When I walked past the lights there were about 6 cars in the queue. It was only when I went past the vets did the traffic move from the lights. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I think these lights favour the traffic coming from the Cork road roundabout and will only change if there is traffic coming the 'Glass side. I'm not a fast walker either. I the guy at the front of the queue moved up to where he should have the lights would have turned earlier. Not a huge thing but you'd wonder why somebody when at lights would stay that far back and the guys behind must have been fuming.

Advertisement