Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BB so Bad

Options
  • 24-03-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I am with Ntl/virgin over here in wales and got a letter today saying from the 1stmay they are upgrading my 10mb line to a 20mb for free...Why doesnt ireland have half those speeds...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Tis mean that to taunt us across the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I am with Ntl/virgin over here in wales and got a letter today saying from the 1stmay they are upgrading my 10mb line to a 20mb for free...Why doesnt ireland have half those speeds...

Yes,,,,but,,,,mmmmm... ah feck it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BingoBongo wrote:
    Yes,,,,but,,,,mmmmm... ah feck it!!

Dungarvan is going from its long running 9mbits to 25mbits, any day now I hear. Tis only Dublin thats primitive not all of Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes but you're in Wales. Wales. I rest my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Sour grapes over the match?? Don't be sour Ireland was putrid as were Wales as for broadband don't get me started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

That is because virgin and ntl are on the telewest/blueyonder fiber network. One of the most advanced in europe. I remember they did 4mb when everyone else was on 512k.

But, They have alot faster in london, for the last 2 years bulldog has been doing 24mb, and darkfiber is rolling out soon, so somepeople will expect 50-100mb home lines, just like our scandevanian brethren.... ***** that they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Dungarvan is going from its long running 9mbits to 25mbits, any day now I hear. Tis only Dublin thats primitive not all of Ireland .

where did you hear this and will upload be increased?

Their customers got some roadmap. Dungarvan has not had an upgrade for years and its high time they got something a bit better than 9mbits as standard.

People have standards you know.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Their customers got some roadmap. Dungarvan has not had an upgrade for years and its high time they got something a bit better than 9mbits as standard.

People have standards you know.

i got no roadmap

email them so and then tell us, you only have the 9mbits there Mossy....given em hell.

• Advertisement

i already emailed them a couple of weeks back but got no answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Half the speeds. I am laughing here. There no smillie for laughing. I wish I had half of your 10mb speed. If I could afford it, I be luckly to get 2mb. me on a lowely IBB which is just as bad as dial-up on speed and worst in quailty than dial-up, despite what they tell me. I know what there service is like, I am the end user but not for long..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i already emailed them a couple of weeks back but got no answer
    You are lucky you could get that email out, must have taken hours Was it txt spk U d it in?
    Because the speed is sooooo slloooowwwwwwwwwww. It probally took the post instead. so it lost in the post!

Mossys uplink is already better than your downlink.

Dungarvan will also hit a milestone next year that should be widely celebrated in these parts .

Thats 10 years of Broadband (since June 1998), I will send flowers .

limklad wrote:
    You are lucky you could get that email out, must have taken hours Was it txt spk U d it in?
    Because the speed is sooooo slloooowwwwwwwwwww. It probally took the post instead. so it lost in the post!

what the hell are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what the hell are you on about?
    His anger at IBB is rendering him incoherent.

Advertisement