Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii in Limerick

Options
  • 24-03-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Is there a place in this city that have Wii consoles in stock and is selling them to the public?

Have been in almost every games/toy shops except the Crescent SC and nowhere that bloody console is available. Some don't have them at all, some will get them in two weeks other have them in stock but will sell only to people who paid a deposit or are on a waiting list.

I mean, come on! I do not sign up a waiting list for a bloody gadget! How sick is that? It is a fvcking gadget and not like in russia 50yrs ago queueing for bred!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

still out of stock, i preordered mine and got it on launch day (gotta hate me)

just keep ringing the shops everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Ordered mine in smiths childers road on a monday had it on the friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

for me it works like this: Monkey sees - Monkey wants!

Found a thread here in the boards and it seems it is kind of sold out everywhere. I did a bit of research in German and French forums and a few people told me in both countries are a piles of boxes available in the shops.

Only in Ireland...
    Why?

^^ really from what I hear from my cousins in germany its still sold out everywere
    Don't know about france

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

got mine at launch, and I gotta admit I barely use it!
    After I finished Zelda it just gathered dust up untill Sonic and SSX Blur came out.
    And even still I play the 360 10 times as much.
    The Wii is just a fad (all be it a fun fad:p ).
    Give it a year or two and the 360 and PS3 will be outselling it hands down.

• Advertisement

^^ I don't agree at all
    Yes I too am not playing my wii at the moment but that is becuase of the lack of good games coming out at the moment (they are coming though)
    The fact is that over 6 million have already been sold and developers are flocking towards the wii good games will come
    At the moment id much rather go for a 360 granted but a ps3 no way
    http://www.vgcharts.org/

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^ I don't agree at all
    Yes I too am not playing my wii at the moment but that is becuase of the lack of good games coming out at the moment (they are coming though)
    The fact is that over 6 million have already been sold and developers are flocking towards the wii good games will come
    At the moment id much rather go for a 360 granted but a ps3 no way
    http://www.vgcharts.org/

That whole developers are flocking towards Wii thing will never happen.
    Almost 80% of next gen games are developed on the 360 and ported over to other consoles.
    The 360 is the simplest of the consoles to develop for, because MS designed it to be designer friendly.

The Wii simply doesn't have the power for what the developers want to do, and numerous developers have taken pot shots at Nintendo for making such an underpowered console, and for not respecting third party developers.
    A few have even threatened to not develope for the Wii at all unless Nintendo change their attitude.
    http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/771/771051p1.html

The Wii isn't next gen, and if you've played one of the multi platform games on a Wii and either a 360 or a PS3 you'll see the massive gulf in power, and that's with only a fraction of the 360 and PS3's potential.
    Developers want their games to look the best, and that can't happen on a Wii.

The whole Nintendo have so many consoles sold argument is crap as well, because a developer can make almost the exact same game for the PS3 and 360 with little extra effort, so the Wii would have to vastly out sell the PS3 and the 360 combined, in order for it to make a difference, and that won't happen.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but it's not next gen, it's not going to win the "war", and this is all off topic, so lets leave this for the gaming forums.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Had a look at the PS3 in a shop at the weekend, and it's impressive, but I'm sticking with my PS2.

Reasons:
    1) Price.
    2) Sony using the PS3 to try to give the Blu-Ray disc format an edge. The Sony guy on Today FM last week was completely brainwashed, talking as if Blu-Ray was a foregone conclusion as the HD DVD format.

I got stung by Sony before re mini-disc and I ain't getting stung again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Had a look at the PS3 in a shop at the weekend, and it's impressive, but I'm sticking with my PS2.

Reasons:
    1) Price.
    2) Sony using the PS3 to try to give the Blu-Ray disc format an edge. The Sony guy on Today FM last week was completely brainwashed, talking as if Blu-Ray was a foregone conclusion as the HD DVD format.

I got stung by Sony before re mini-disc and I ain't getting stung again.

Get a 360 if your thinking of a new console. Cheaper than ps3, better games, pretty much same graphics. Great online play. etc etc

I miss Sega!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

The 360 is the best option right now but the PS3
    will 100% come out on top.

Gonna get a wii soon.

If power is so important why is the ds totally killing the psp
    and I mean killing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Get a 360 if your thinking of a new console. Cheaper than ps3, better games, pretty much same graphics. Great online play. etc etc
    Was only looking - I'm not a huge game fanatic; and even then, most of my favourite games are the driving games - the realistic rally ones, not the "gone in 60 seconds style" - where you can't beat an arcade machine for the proper 'feel'.

So the PS2 does everything that I need. Was just curious to see what all the PS3 hype was about, and from what I saw it's mainly textures and reflections - impressive, but not essential.

As for Wii - love the concept, but the scope to use it is limited to tennis-style games, etc. It's a much better concept than "press X O A shift while shaking your controller to do a bicycle kick, except when tackling someone, where you need to......." and I'd love to see it extended to do real moves for soccer, rugby or martial arts.

Then again, there's already a way of getting into that level of realism and movement....go out and do actual soccer/rugby/martial arts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ricey wrote:
    The 360 is the best option right now but the PS3
    will 100% come out on top.

Gonna get a wii soon.

Not at its price range. The only people who can afford it are the people who work too hard to play games in the first place :P

Guy's there are forums here with all the gaming arguements this site needs.
    Lets not get off-track.;)

Advertisement