Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIFE Festival

• 24-03-2007 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

http://www.life-festival.com/

Anyone ever go to this?
    It looks really cool, like it could be a lot better than Hi-Fi/creamfields etc, a lot less commercial and probably a lot nicer crowd.
    Plus psytrance, breaks, drum n bass and chillout sounds a lot better than Tiesto and all that stuff.

Hope this is isnt against thet MCD rule.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 breakologybeats

We played at this last year and the vibe at it was fantastic. So much so, that we wanted to get involved with it this year in a more hands on manner.
    We'll be announcing our line up for it next week...
    plenty of quality breaks and drum & bass :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I was supposed to be working at it last year bur for various reasons i didn't make it in the end but ill try m,ake it this year looks good indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

I think the small festivals with mainly irish acts are alot more enjoyable...
    better atmosphere,less pikeys etc....plus its not far from me so I can go home for the tea:D

heres a video..
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=153758855

ya might need to learn how to juggle before ya go though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Cant bloody wait for this!!

wooooooooo

dillinja and lemon d
    krust
    and dj genie....

just to mention a few.

Looking forward to all the world music and general vibe of the place.

I hope it doesnt rain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

ill be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

BeatNikDub wrote:

dillinja and lemon d
    krust
    and dj genie....

:(
    where did you see those names anounced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Looks good alright
    Chris Liberator might be playing one of the nights as well:)
    Just down the road from me too, bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

tman wrote:
    Looks good alright
    Chris Liberator might be playing one of the nights as well:)
    Just down the road from me too, bonus!

Chris Liberator, nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Chris Liberator nice one some Acid Techno :cool: not heard some of that in a long time, remember stuff like this, no boring minimal rubbish full on techno:cool:

http://www.discogs.com/release/168270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Soddy

What kind of festival is it? I've seen the site and it looks like a New Age festival kind of thing. Is that right? Or is it a dance festival with DJs? A little confused :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

Its both Soddy. New age hippies like nothing better than to listen to weird trance music in a field and its great fun all round.

Are there busses to Galway or Ennis or any place where one can stay around there?

Don't fancy the prospect of driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Anyone know what time the music ends at each night?

I read 10pm somewhere, kind of early :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Got tickets for this last week. Really looking forward to it. Great value as well, €90 for 3 nights music/camping. :)
    You would do well to beat that in Ireland this year.
    Does anyone know what the capacity is or how many were at this last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Jimmy81 wrote:
    Got tickets for this last week. Really looking forward to it. Great value as well, €90 for 3 nights music/camping. :)
    You would do well to beat that in Ireland this year.
    Does anyone know what the capacity is or how many were at this last year?

was at this last year and will be going for definite this year. i think capacity last year was 1500-2000?

it was one of the best weekends i've ever had.

it had a very european feel to the whole thing was pure class. actually felt like you were in a different country. ratio was probably 2 irish person to 10 foreign from sweden, germany, spain, italy and poland etc.

there was all sorts of food, showers and all styles of music are covered from the main stage which is psy-trance obviously to techno, drum n'bass. electro, raggae to at one stage sticks and anything that you can make a sound from.

a very friendly atmosphere was there with basically been able to chat to anyone...about anything.

one funny moment from last year was the guy on the campsite who had an alien doll on his tent and inside his tent he was showing a video he took of a u.f.o. in some desert.

the venue for this years one looks brilliant.

i just hope the fact that it's on the same weekend as sonar won't take too much away from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Nice one! I havent heard one bad report about last year yet. Looking forward to this even more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 youreonlymassiv

I hear this is a brilliant festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

are u going maebh

Advertisement