Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macy's-11% reduction on items if you are British.

• 24-03-2007 10:17pm

Was just checking up places to go shopping in america when I am over there.
    Came across the fact that you get a 11% diiscount if you are british.Just wondering the reason behind it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Its not just if you're British, theres a tourist info place in Macys where you can get a [reusable] discount card that gives a further 11% off your purchases. Something to do with tax I think, far too busy shopping to be thinking about it:P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Yup, as the above poster said. In Boston for example it's down in the basement with gift wrapping. You wander over with your passport and they give you a little card that's valid for something like 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yup you go to MAcys with your passport and they give you the discount card. Quite cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

It's an incentive for tourists, 11% off on pretty much everything in every Macy's store in the US, apart from some household items and gift vouchers, you just have to go to the tourist info desk and they give it to you there, I didnt even need my passport, my Irish accent was enough!
    It's also a way to count the numbers of all the different tourists and their nationalities.

They also do this in Bloomingdales, 12% methinks, though there is huge exceptions, such as Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Chanel etc, basically all the big brands are exempt from the scheme.

Also, I think in both stores, you get a free gift if you are a tourist and you've spend over a certain amount, about $100, if you go back to the info desk with all your receipts from the day, you get a free gift, like an umbrella, teddy, or carrier bags. Something to keep in mind next time your over in the states!

Advertisement