Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you find the Eircom ads disturbing?

• 24-03-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

You know the ones eg the one with John O'Shea looming like a big green shadowy pervert.

Do you find the Eircom ads disturbing? 28 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yeah thats all you need, John O Shea telling you how he feels 10 feet tall putting on the green jersey.

He's damn lucky to be bloody playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

It looked like he was touching the kid on its head and trying to heel it like some second coming of christ or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Uncomfortable but not disturbing.

I think one with Keane showing the kids how to do his celebration is funny. When I was interrailing during the summer, I met some South Korean guys who when myself and the missus said we were from Ireland, they replied "ROBBIE KEANE!" and did the bow & arrow thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't watch the ads if I can help it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

zabbo wrote:
    Yeah thats all you need, John O Shea telling you how he feels 10 feet tall putting on the green jersey.

He's damn lucky to be bloody playing

Lol :D

That's the truth - in all honesty they are a little disturbing when lads who think they can play try to instruct young children on how to the play the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Kid giving Stan his autograph: "Whats your name ?"

Stan :"Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Steven"

This is the guy in charge of our national team, it takes him five seconds to remember his own name, what a retard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This is the guy in charge of our national team, it takes him five seconds to remember his own name, what a retard.

I dont like the man, but seriously, he was actign for the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

ROFL :D

Personally Duffs "hunger has a thirst" ads annoy me more, seeing as Duff hasnt looked hungry in at least a year until Saturday (thought he played well myself, in comparison to recent form anyway)(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

There's a difference between playing poorly and lacking hunger. Duff always gives his all. My Damien Duff campaign won't stop until people stop accusing him of not trying. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eirebhoy wrote:
    There's a difference between playing poorly and lacking hunger. Duff always gives his all. My Damien Duff campaign won't stop until people stop accusing him of not trying. :)

As soon as he starts, the posts will stop.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Disturbing no, but excruciatingly ironic yes. Especially considering that the ads were played on the big screens all throughout the match on Saturday. Christ lads, if you can't even motivate yourselves on one of the biggest sporting occasions ever to grace these shores, what hope have you got trying to motivate some kids.

We're getting more and more like the English with our constant character assassinations of the Irish squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

they were wreckin me head on saturday! ya couldnt hear the speech that well from where i was sittin and then all of a sudden u hear the music. every ten seconds you'd hear sum random music! annyoin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cheap cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

bunch of wanna-be corporate sell-outs. the ads sort of remind me of the promos that rocky tried to shoot in rocky II except with even worse acting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

In my opinion I think those "Eircom Broadband" ads were more defiling to Croke Park than any "God Save the Queen" etc. I really winced to see them there when "Eircom Broadband" is available to hardly anyone like myself in rural areas. Eircom's sponsorship is now my only gripe with the FAI and soccer teams.... but that's just me as a serial Eircom basher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

netwhizkid wrote:
    In my opinion I think those "Eircom Broadband" ads were more defiling to Croke Park than any "God Save the Queen" etc. I really winced to see them there when "Eircom Broadband" is available to hardly anyone like myself in rural areas. Eircom's sponsorship is now my only gripe with the FAI and soccer teams.... but that's just me as a serial Eircom basher.

too true. they really were a spoiler. it was disgusting having to see them out of the corner of the eye.

Advertisement