Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD stuck in car stereo - Help!

Options
  • 24-03-2007 11:49pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

My wife put a cd in the car stereo when there was one already in it...she claims the display said no CD :rolleyes: Anyway, it wont work now which is hardly a surprise, when I try eject it makes some clicking sounds and then reads error.

Its due for service in about 3 weeks but I cant bear to be without CDs for that long, have a long journey to make this Tuesday also. Any thoughts as to how I can get the CDs out?! The car is an Audi A4. I assume though I will have to wait but heres hoping :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you can take the head unit out, remove the top cover and slowly push the cd out. the second one should come out after this by pressing the eject button.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you have to wait, does the unit have aux input? You could plug an MP3 player in if so.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

you could just listen to the radio! :D

can u see the cd if u look into the loader?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Wonderin how to take out the head unit? Will look again tomorrow, twas dark when I made this lovely discovery tonight.

No aux input but I do have an FM trans for MP3 player, not great though, especially when travelling across various FM radio zones.

Never listen to the radio, bar traffic reports in the morning sometimes...just to confirm that I am sitting in a traffic jam again (in case I hadn't noticed the last few years that this tends to be the case in Dublin during rush hour). Must look again in the morn to see if I can see the CD.

Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look again tomorrow. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Something similar happened to me about a year ago. I was able to pull out one of the cds with a tweezers. CD player worked fine afterwards, it was a Ford player by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

This happened to me a few weeks back in a Laguna. Made the tool (forget what its called) out of a wire hanger to get the CD player out of the dashboard. Then was able to gently tap the CD's out. Works perfectly now !

Advertisement