Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So, got a spin in that Ford GT today

Options
  • 24-03-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

:eek:

img6543lo9.jpg

More pics on the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Lucky B'stard.:D :D

Nice to see the Ford GT gets same same shítty rubber window surround,as my Transit connect, that looks as if it doesn't fit quite right.:p :p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...and a clio is about to overtake you?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kbannon wrote:
    ...and a clio is about to overtake you?

no, it's just closer than it appears!

(also, not a clio? nissan note..)

looks to be the naas road, that looks like irish times printworks in the background..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

copacetic wrote:
    looks to be the naas road, that looks like irish times printworks in the background..

if your right great guess
    :p:D :eek:

yayamark wrote:
    if your right great guess
    :p:D :eek:

i seldom am, but I took a shot!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

copacetic wrote:
    no, it's just closer than it appears!

(also, not a clio? nissan note..)

is it not a pug 107?

EDIT: No its defo not a 107!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

antodeco wrote:
    is it not a pug 107?

EDIT: No its defo not a 107!

It's definitely a Nissan Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

If that is a €365k car, I'm not very impressed with the rubber surrounding the rear windows, bad job imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

copacetic wrote:
    yes that defenitely is the irish times printworks. near the citywest hotel and near sport and classic i think, where the car is listed for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

cheap car that with plastic window surrounds........:D

you think they would give it a bit more panache like an austin martin ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

DonJose wrote:
    If that is a €365k car, I'm not very impressed with the rubber surrounding the rear windows, bad job imo.

Please say your taking the píss? I would not give a crap if it had coco pops holding in the back window, as long as it stayed in. Its not about the little things, its about the power! (and a small bit about the styling!)

Your a lucky guy qz, Stick up loads of pictures and a fiull report of what it was like!!!

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

legs11 wrote:
    a bit more panache like an austin martin ...
    didn't know Austin ever made a car called the 'Martin'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Your detective skills are top notch! It was out near CityWest but the roads were busy so we couldn't really open her up. This car is mind-blowingly fast. The lift from 70 to 90 is unreal. It just bounds along as you wait to get sick from the forces on your head and neck. It hurtles along the road.

And the noise. It's a V8 but it sounds even deeper than a V12. You can hear a whirring almost as it begins to pick up speed. And you'd think you'd feel very close to the road but it didn't seem any lower than a DB9 or any other sports car. Visibilty was great except for behind of course.

Seats were hard but didn't feel all that uncomfortable. I'm not actually very good at writing these so I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I'll try get a video or two up aswell.

And no, I didn't get to drive it. :( But come on, how many 17 year olds can say they've done this:

1:
    gtmeclosedoorsv3.jpg

2:
    gtmesittinginii8.jpg

3:
    gttyremarkseu7.jpg

gtthroughdoorep9.jpg

gtdashuz2.jpg

gt1zm5.jpg

gtql8.jpg

gtenginenr6.jpg

gtdooropendk5.jpg

gtrearsl4.jpg

gtsidepc1.jpg

gtwheelqn8.jpg

Some other cars: (a bit boring really :D)

bluegtkt6.jpg

gtclv1.jpg

308fc6.jpg

348km9.jpg

This 575 has a full stainless steel Tubi exhaust
    575gp5.jpg

linegv6.jpg

linerearah2.jpg

linerear2hp7.jpg

linerear3lo2.jpg

Oh and before I forget, this is one of two Ford GT's in the country. Keep an eye out for the other one.

The garage owner is also responsible for one of two Bugatti Veyon orders! One was bought for €1.63 million. And if I remember correctly, one of them is going to Galway.

• Advertisement

great pictures, thanks for posting so many. do you need an appointment to go to sport and classic or can you just go in?
    qz wrote:
    Oh and before I forget, this is one of two Ford GT's in the country. Keep an eye out for the other one.

The garage owner is also responsible for one of two Bugatti Veyon orders! One was bought for €1.63 million. And if I remember correctly, one of them is going to Galway.

yes i believe the other ford gt is in galway, its red and it sits in a ford showroom. are you saying that sport and classic are getting a veyron in?

tdc wrote:
    great pictures, thanks for posting so many. do you need an appointment to go to sport and classic or can you just go in?

I've loads more pics but they're on my other camera. I think you can go in for a look, but the drive was arranged through a friend of a friend.

yes i believe the other ford gt is in galway, its red and it sits in a ford showroom. are you saying that sport and classic are getting a veyron in?

So I was told.

qz wrote:
    So I was told.
    wow, 2 in the country. i hope this one comes to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yes indeed, Higgins Motorpark have the other one sitting in their showroom in Galway.

JoeA3 wrote:
    Yes indeed, Higgins Motorpark have the other one sitting in their showroom in Galway.
    the ford gt or the veyron?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

the Ford GT - a red one. I believe Michael Barry, the MD, personally owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Great pics !

But - Oh. My. God.

Must remember to do the lotto...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

hi franksm :D - was test driving Ford's yesterday, they had to take out the two I wanted from behind the GT. It's bloody cool.

I presume the posters above know the Veyron is from www.chsc.ie in Galway, not Motorpark/Barry Motors?

finally, given the 3-secs of detective work required to identify the location of the warehouse in the pics, above, I'm not exactly sure it was appropriate to post the location of that hardware like you have. My 0.02, as they say. I wonder if the owner of same minds...........??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

qz wrote:

When is the sports and classic veyron coming?
    Any pics of the veyron in galway yet?

Advertisement