Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid term report

Options
  • 25-03-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted here in yonks but for those who remember I came for advice back in november on running this years Dublin Marathon. Well i'm pleased to say that i'm still on track with my training and managed to avoid any injuries too so woohoo to that!

I've got the half in connemara next weekend. I can't wait for it now and i'm going a bit mad staying in off the beer for my last big run tomorrow (10 miles). I'm hoping to do the half in under 2 hours. My pace is good enough running an average of 8:20 per mile but the hills might take it out of me as I haven't alot done on them. But i'm not too worried about the time either as it's my first race and i want to enjoy the day too.

I've been using Google Earth quite a bit to scout out good runs and generally do the same 4 or 5 now. I picked up a Polar RS200sd along the way which makes things much easier and used google earth to calibate it as it was out by almost 20%!

Ok thats all for now, best of luck to everyone else doing the connemarathon :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Eh...
    I have a the same watch/unit, and its has its own built in calibration thing.
    You would be much MUCH better off finding an athletics track and calibrating it there.
    Run 5 laps = 2000m, rather than just 1 lap.
    When I calibrated mine after I got it, it was 98% accurate or so.
    I don't think it could have been 20% out, but YMMV...
    m83 wrote:
    I picked up a Polar RS200sd along the way which makes things much easier and used google earth to calibate it as it was out by almost 20%!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

thanks for the input but the watch is fine now. I calibrated it over a 3 mile distance and it's performing great now. I couldn't believe it was out by 20% either!

Advertisement