Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roy down in Old Reliable in Shandon Street tonight!

Options
  • 25-03-2007 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

My cuz was down there tonight and he saw Roy Keane drinking some red lemonade :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

CorkMan wrote:
    My cuz was down there tonight and he saw Roy Keane drinking some red lemonade :D

i saw him on the telly last week drinking a bottle of water,

so he drinks red lemonade as well, interesting

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This is marginally less worthy of discussion than the size of the bowel movement I'll be going for later on this morning...it's hardly frigging revolutionary for him to drink red lemonade now, is it?

Fysh wrote:
    This is marginally less worthy of discussion than the size of the bowel movement I'll be going for later on this morning...

well I'm sorry but, your movement would, be worth talking about if your were somebody. but as is, i think we will stick with Roy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

For the sake of not boring everyone to sleep, at least say something interesting then. Seriously, "Roy Keane drinks water and red lemonade" is quite possibly the most banal thing I've heard this year, and certainly less worthy of noting (much less discussing) than, say, the average number of dog turds you might spot on your average walk to work.

Discussing what pubs he's known to frequent or some other aspect of the man that might, you know, actually not induce narcolepsy in readers who don't already have a fascination with the man. Which would mean a more interesting thread and a drastically diminished chance of me getting so bored I post stuff like the above.

(Though I still don't get how anyone can find Roy's choice of soft drink "interesting"...)

• Advertisement

please don't tell me you fell for this.....

oh sh.it you did, didn't ya.

Feh. I will now make crotchety-sounding remarks along the lines of "well, I'm tired, faintly hungover and bored". References to PROC and the kind of rubbish that passes for a worthwhile thread topic over there may also be made.

*grumble*

Fysh wrote:
    Feh. I will now make crotchety-sounding remarks along the lines of "well, I'm tired, faintly hungover and bored". References to PROC and the kind of rubbish that passes for a worthwhile thread topic over there may also be made.

*grumble*

now you talking about a good forum,
    no "due to legal proceedings" or "you cant talk about that here"

that is a forum with a pair of balls and allows the public to say what needs to be said and what should be said to inform the public on certain issues and doesn't hide behind "due to legal proceedings"

trust the cork boys to do it right,

Excellent! I'm glad we agree, assuming of course that by "good" you mean "total load of pants" :p Not my thing at all, but if it's more to your tastes fair enough.

Fysh wrote:
    Excellent! I'm glad we agree, assuming of course that by "good" you mean "total load of pants" :p Not my thing at all, but if it's more to your tastes fair enough.

any forum that isn't afraid of unnecessary censorship on issues that involve the people on that forum is good in my book, unlike here,
    due to legal proceedings my a.ss

• Advertisement

Being fair about it, I don't think it was so much the unnecessary censorship as potentially hugely costly lawsuit that they were afraid of - Boards has a much higher visibility than PROC and is therefore an easier target for lawsuit-based intimidation.

That being said, I've seen no real updates regarding the original issue in ages and I'd agree that it's a bit crap to have an ongoing "oooh, can't talk about this" stance on any issue where someone with a bit of money threatens lawsuits. (Interestingly there's a legal precedent in the US that defendes message boards and their maintainers from liability for comments posted by their users, but AFAIK nothing like that for Ireland. And I'd imagine Devore & co don't want to risk being the defendants in such a case unless it's certain they'll emerge victorious...)

Advertisement