Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evolution and atheism (youll enjoy this)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Asiaprod wrote:
    Don't start me off on that one. I have a real issue with these people:rolleyes:.

Oh and our problems with Creationists don't count? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Zillah wrote:
    Oh and our problems with Creationists don't count? :)
    No, I think we are winning that battle hands down:D

So I saw this thing (I think it was on jay leno) where he went around asking people what exactly the bill of rights says and they didnt know, does that mean the american bill of rights doesn't really exist

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

bluewolf wrote:
    So I saw this thing (I think it was on jay leno) where he went around asking people what exactly the bill of rights says and they didnt know, does that mean the american bill of rights doesn't really exist
    No but it would make for some very nice footage in a propaganda video for a different bill of rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭madnirvana

, Jesus Christ died, the Lord of Glory the king of kings, the most precious being that has ever walked the face of the earth died.........

How can God die for our sins? that just not makes sense atall to me. I appologise if u take it offensive. First of all how can god die? is he not eternal?
    Noone is dying for your sins. Life isnt that easy man. We are born pure free of any sin.

I am a muslim. Muslims believe in One, Unique, Incomparable God;A creator (God) who created everything in this universe who is eternal and pure. We believe in Jesus aswell but as a Prophet. He has no sons daughters or any other relations. His physical appearance is not like a human or any other living thing. We also believe in a BIG BANG.

In Quran he states:

"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together before We split them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"

''We split them asunder'' as Big bang theory suggests.

''And the heaven We built with Our own powers (aydin) and indeed We go on expanding it'' this has been proved scientifically that heaven (sky/space) is still expanding.

''He has created the heavens without any pillars that you can see, and He has placed in the earth firm mountains that it may not quake with you, and He has scattered therein all kinds of creatures; and We have sent down water from the clouds, and caused to grow therein every noble species''

If u want more info it is here: http://www.quranm.multicom.ba/science/2e-quran.htm

He has given us free will in this world and for us to choose a path in life. He has sent many warners to every nation and tribe since the time on earth began e.g Adam, Jesus, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac,
    Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah and John the
    Baptist peace be upon them, but Prophethood ended on Mohammad. All giving the same messege to worship only one god.

We are all his creations. The purpose of life is to enjoy what is lawful and good, to worship our creator and avoid the evil as he created it as a test for humans and spirits.
    We believe in Afterlife aswell. If you do good deeds and pass this 'test' youll be rewarded if not then youll regret it.

• Advertisement

A Muslim calling him/herself "madnirvana"...

Your post amuses me. You began by pointing out how ridiculous the whole Jesus dying on the cross thing is...but then the rest of it is the same nonesense we hear from most religious people: Preposterous claims about the nature of the universe that have nothing more than a book to back it up.

I am so sick of people making insane claims about the metaphysical nature of the universe.

Zillah wrote:
    A Muslim calling him/herself "madnirvana"...

Your post amuses me. You began by pointing out how ridiculous the whole Jesus dying on the cross thing is...but then the rest of it is the same nonesense we hear from most religious people: Preposterous claims about the nature of the universe that have nothing more than a book to back it up.

I am so sick of people making insane claims about the metaphysical nature of the universe.

It is what i believe wether you call it Preposterous or absurd it just shows how ignorant you are. With this ignorance you wont achieve much in life remember that. If u cant rolerate others beliefs dont bother coming to this form.
    If you know majority of scientists disagree completely with this Darwain's theory. Why dont you see things from that aspect. Scientists have no proof that life was not the result of an act of creation.
    Take a ear for examply its round shaped so its easy for us to hear sound..Hands made perfectly to clench something..
    Look at the universe it is so delicate and balanced. Moon, earth everything revolving on one course. You have eyes but you are still blind you have a brain but u dont think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

madnirvana wrote:
    If you know majority of scientists disagree completely with this Darwain's theory.
    It's "Darwin", and the vast majority -- upwards of 99% -- agree that the Theory of Evolution forms our best current understanding of how the diversity of life arose.

If you believe otherwise, and it seems you do, then I politely suggest that you read a book by a trained biologist and not by some clot like Harun Yahya.

madnirvana wrote:
    Look at the universe it is so delicate and balanced. Moon, earth everything revolving on one course.
    lol?
    Is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

madnirvana wrote:
    Hands made perfectly to clench something..

That's bananas...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

madnirvana wrote:
    Take a ear for examply its round shaped so its easy for us to hear sound

To repeat Bluewolf, is that a joke ...?

Wicknight wrote:
    To repeat Bluewolf, is that a joke ...?

I expected from someone 10 years older than me to act a bit mature...

''upwards of 99%''? show me the proof.

I didnt come here to amuse some ignorant atheists.
    I came here to spread a messege. If you dont like it have the guts to tolerate it atleast. Not just take it as a joke and assume that you are the ONLY ones right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Take a ear for examply its round shaped so its easy for us to hear sound..Hands made perfectly to clench something..

All far better explained by the theory of evolution by natural selection (you should come acquainted with that theory (even at a basic level) before arguing about it.
    you have a brain but u dont think.

Lol ... kettle, pot, black!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

madnirvana wrote:
    No problem. The following links quote from different surveys which show that 99.85% of Life Sciences scientists agree that evolution is the current best theory and that creationism is certainly not, while another wider survey shows that of all scientists (life sciences and others), around 95% support evolution. The lie that a majority of biologists do not support evolution is spread around by clowns like Ken Ham and Harun Yahya. Here are these links:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_publi.htm (Site written by religious people about levels of support)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution (wikipedia on levels of support; comprehensive)
    http://www.ncseweb.org/article.asp?category=18 (National Center for Science Education in the USA; an organization with scientists as members)

There are plenty more resources out there, but they all say pretty much the same as these do. I hope that these linked pages will help you to update your comment "If you know majority of scientists disagree completely with this Darwain's theory." to something a bit closer to the truth.
    madnirvana wrote:
    I came here to spread a messege. If you dont like it have the guts to tolerate it at least. Not just take it as a joke and assume that you are the ONLY ones right.
    It's not immediately clear to me why we should respect the opinion of somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. Wouldn't you agree?

madnirvana wrote:

I came here to spread a messege. If you dont like it have the guts to tolerate it atleast. Not just take it as a joke and assume that you are the ONLY ones right.

Why should we tolerate it?
    If someone is proclaiming something based on ignorance then no, I won't tolerate it.
    And we're not ignorant thanks, we already know all about your message.

Hands clench things because anyone without hands who couldnt get a hold of food would die/breed less than the more well adapted ones. Same for ears. Simple as that.
    As for everything orbting, rotating etc that's gravity for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

madnirvana wrote:

Well I was genuinely puzzled, because the ear is a very fine example of evolution at work and the adaptation of earlier systems to the challenges of new environmental factors. If I was going to pick an example of evolution I might very well pick the ear. To have you come on here and state that the ear is evidence against evolution simply demonstrates that you don't know much about either.
    madnirvana wrote:

There is plenty, but quick Google finds -

By one count there are some 700 scientists with respectable academic credentials (out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) who give credence to creation-science...

That is 0.14% find credence to Creation-science. In 1987 of course, when we knew less about how evolution works than we do now.

Newsweek 1987
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_publi.htm

madnirvana wrote:
    Was that just an added bonus.
    madnirvana wrote:
    If you dont like it have the guts to tolerate it atleast.
    So far I'm aware of no one stopping you posting here. But when you post nonsense such as saying the ear is evidence against evolution, that simply highlight you know little about evolution, don't expect to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

lol, just watched the video intro. I turned it off when he mentioned 'the powerful principle of "bypassing the intellect."'

I think these are going to be a good laugh.

Edit: scratch that. Couldn't handle more than three minutes of it.

Repeat what Son Goku said on page 1.

madnirvana wrote:
    It is what i believe wether you call it Preposterous or absurd it just shows how ignorant you are. With this ignorance you wont achieve much in life remember that.

Ignorance? I'm not ignorant of your beliefs, I've read a great deal about Islam and I did try to read the Koran but gave up about 1/3 of the way through, it was very dull. I do not misunderstand your religion, I don't like it, having a pretty good understanding of what it causes in this world.
    If u cant rolerate others beliefs dont bother coming to this form.

Intolerance can be a wonderful thing. Here's some things I hope both you and I are both intolerant of: Murderers, child molestors, thieves, liars. I'm sure we could both add much to that list.

Religious beliefs based on ancient nonesense that maintain or advocate mysogynistic and violent behaviour fall into my list of things I don't tolerate. From a legal point of view, and I suppose a practical point of view, I have to tolerate your right to have religious beliefs, but don't think for a second that I am some how obliged to show the slightest respect for this archaic evil.

Aaaand others have already shown quite clearly why your anti-evolution nonesense is just that.

Advertisement