Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N80 - Tom Tom?

• 25-03-2007 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

I have two Nokia N80's I heard you can have Tom Tom Sat Nav on it is this true if so how can it be done?

I hear this phone's are class for lots of stuff anyone know a website where I can learn about how to use stuff on it? Has Modem and all that but to honest dont really know what that is something on a computer I think but would like to learn.

All comments welcome..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

pretty easy, get a large mem card, buy the software and a gps receiver and install the software :)

route 66 is better as they use navteq maps. google route 66 for n80, the site should cover your qns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Hoops, you can get the maps software direct from nokia at http://www.smart2go.com. It uses the naveteq maps the same as route 66 but is totally free. The only thing that you have to pay for is gps receiver bout 120 for a genuine nokia one. Sure you could find them cheaper on eBay if you wanted to risk it.
    Have been using the software for about a month, there are a few minor bugs in it but overall it good (all the better for been free)

dont think they are upto date navteq maps are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

What other kinda stuff can you do with them?

Besides phone calls and texts. I have the radio and that working.

When I went to England to get thme unblocked the guy was going on for ages how good they were and you could do this and that on them.

well its a symbian smartphone so theres loads of applications

try www.allaboutsymbian.com

theres wireless internet on n80s aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I'm just amazed you have 2 N80's and you don't know what to do with them.. :rolleyes:

Advertisement