Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the options for a slim ps2

Options
  • 25-03-2007 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

is there any backup solutions that dont require a modchip.

does swap magic etc work? is a flip lid and slid yoke necessary?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

not sure if it works but i think its fairly simple to install. other than modchip i think something like swap magic is the only thing.....hang on....wait.....

You could get the ps2 hard drive and the linux distro for it and all that stuff, sorry can't tell you more, just remember something about ripping games to a ps2 hdd and launching them from that

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I've got a swapmagic set for my slim PS2. It works fine but it's a bit of an annoyance swapping discs (coming from the xbox with a large HD fitted).

I think the other alternative is USB advance, which allows you to load games from an attached USB harddrive. Unfortunately this drive must be peculiarly formatted and so would be unusable for anything else under windows (requires special software, supplied, to copy games to the HD). They provide you a single disc which you boot, then you select the game from your HD.

As far as I remember the PSTwo has only USB 1.1 ports so I'm not sure what loading times would be like (it was new at the time and I couldnt get a review of USB advance, perhaps you'll have better luck nowadays). If you do go with USB advance please post back with your experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I have 2 PS2s. Slim Line and the orig and use swap magic.

I use the slide tool with the orig and the flip top cover with the slimline.

Works a treat and both are easy to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I used Usb Extreme. Worked great and the disk wa formatted as FAT 32. I have a USB Extreme disk. You can have it for €20 if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

usb extreme only plays a few games, it dosent like anything big!!!!

use the tape and tisue trick on ur slim ps2 with the memory card exploit and ur flyin!!!!

ps1 disc needed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement