Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl sat nav

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

I saw that myself, and TBH, ive bought silvercrest products before and every single one has broken in some way.

I go with a TOM TOM or simelar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Are the Ldl ones touch screen? I have a PDA based Navman Pin 570 that needs a stylus and it is the most annoy thing to operate also mine only came with just UK and about 20% of Ireland, considering an up grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've been researching sat navs for a few days now and it seems this one doesn't quite cut the mustard. Try the GPS forums in tech, reams of info there though it can get quite technical.

pixmania.com have a good selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

http://www.expansys.ie/n.aspx?f=135

theres a good selection there. The top TOM TOM has touch screen, a remote and bluetooth so you can use your mobile hands free with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CHRISMACX

I bought an Airis T920 during the week only to discover that there is no SD card with it. Does this mean it is unusable, as I cannot bring it back to where i bought it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

I have the Lidl one, and I find it excellent; a lot of backroads on it I didn't expect to see. It is touchscreen. Not too difficult to program, either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Got the Garmin Nuvi 310D from these guys

www.handtec.co.uk

Great prices and very fast delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Got the Route 66 Chicago 6000 (now in Halfords for 250 or 260) ...very happy with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Can anyone recommend one with uptodate maps, updateable maps and one that doesn't recommend to go through towns that have been bypassed?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I got the Airis about 6 months back now from pixmania. It's grand. Was only about €230 I think and has maps current up to Q2 2006 (though you can download/buy updates).

I've taken it to Tralee, Cork and Laois in the past month and it didnt steer me wrong. It does get a bit confused with a few of the new bypasses but not enough to be a major problem, and I'm sure it'll be addressed in the next maps I buy.

To the person who asked if its useless without the SD card. Well yes it is, but they're a standard card so you could buy one up cheaply elsewhere (make sure you gget a 512MB or better one though) and load the maps on from the CD it should have came with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The Route 66 also has Q2, which is the latest software at the moment.

Having said that, it doesn't know the Ennis bypass yet ...but you can easily navigate a new bypass on your own :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I've used the Airis T920 and the Garmin StreetPilot C550. While the Garmin has more features the Airis is way head in terms of actually doing it's job, i.e., satellite navigation.

CHRISMACX wrote:
    I bought an Airis T920 during the week only to discover that there is no SD card with it. Does this mean it is unusable, as I cannot bring it back to where i bought it?
    I think you should have got a card. Go back to where you got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CHRISMACX wrote:

AFAIK tyou can use a regular SD card, and download maps from their website using the software discs provided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

http://www.caraudio-versand.de FTW, look for a unit with Navteq maps which are much more up to date than TeleAtlas for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My oul lad bought a Garmin Nuvi 660 there last week. great wide screen and tonnes of extras. The handsfree is pretty good in it too.

Advertisement