Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car is jinxed!

Options
  • 25-03-2007 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

In years of car ownership I have never suffered any damage or huge repair bills but my current car seems to be making up for it!

Parking in the Mater hospital a few weeks ago I reversed into a space and heard a crunch. When I got out to look I found a steel fence post leaning at a ~30 degree angle to the ground. As good as invisible to somebody watching a rear view mirror! Result = Cracked rear bumper.

Working a weekend of nights two weeks ago, fri, sat, sun. Went to bed Monday morning, got up at lunchtime to go get milk and found a real sickener of a dent on the front top corner of my bonnet. See link for where I mean. I have asked various security guys to check their cameras to no avail. I don't know when it happened, where it happened or how it happened. It's way too high to be a bumper or towbar so all I can think (unless it was a baseball bat!) is either bullbars or a rear mounted spare wheel on a jeep. Who does these things and drives off? Result = Nasty bonnet dent.

http://www.bmwcarclubireland.com/gallery//displayimage.php?pos=-3224

Will get a picture of the actual damage up tomorrow.

On my way home from a night shift the other morning I took a back road to dodge the traffic (Tandy's lane in Lucan if anyone's familiar) and among the oncoming traffic is somebody who either has no idea how wide their car is and how far left they can safely go, or just couldn't give a damn about anyone else on the road. So as they're almost in the middle of the road I have to pull right over and hear the branch of a tree make its way down the side of my car. It didn't sound too bad so I thought no more about it and went off to bed. Had a look when I got up and found a scrape you can feel with your nail right along the side of the car.

Add to that, it seems every time I look at the car I spot another little ding added by some fool's door.

So now I want to get all these things sorted and start with a perfect car again and see if I can keep it that way. Do I split up the work, say Carcraft for the bumper and machine polish for the side, Dentmaster for the door dings (though I doubt such an outfit would even try the bonnet, the paint looks to be cracked under the clearcoat) and a panel beater for the bonnet?

I would be grateful for recommendations around Dublin or the surrounding counties to take on any or all of the above.

Comments

Advertisement