Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling into ppl's voicemails

• 25-03-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Long story made short -

i had no credit in my phone, and someone who stayed with me after a nite out done this the next day for me. I got a call from work that i missed and there was a voicemail left, i explained i couldnt receive it to her as i had no credit.

she picked up her phone, done something that im completely unaware of and next thing i know im listening to MY voicemails on her phone???

i asked how that was possible and was simply told 'tricks of the trade'

How did she manage this?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Dial 08x 5 xxxxxxx, where x are your numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I suppose you never changed your voicemail password away from 0000? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

#Elites wrote:
    that just calls directly into someones voicemail, not accualy into the "inbox" where you can listen to the messages

yep but if you press # when the message is playing it goes to the inbox. at least I think it is # but some key works anyway..

edit, yep it is #:

How to listen to your messages from another phone or abroad.

To pick up your messages you must use a touch-tone phone:

Key in your Mailbox number*
    If accessing your messages from abroad simply place +353 before your Mailbox number* (and remember to omit the first 0 from your 08x Mailbox number) i.e. +353 8x5 xxxxxxx
    Press # to interrupt your greeting
    Key in your password (which is pre-set at 0000, unless personalised)
    Press #
    Press #
    Press 1
    Your messages will then be played for you

*Your Mailbox number is based on your mobile number, but with the prefix 08x5 rather than 08x. So for example, if your number is 08x x, key in 08x5 x (where x is the last 7 digits of your mobile number).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

always always always change your voice mail password.

i remember a place i used to work one guy always checked the bosses voice mail because he didnt change his password.never know what you would find by checking someones voicemail :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

very dodgy, never knew about this all this time till now..

cheers, changed password now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Aye, thanks for this. Also to change your password just ring 173 from your mobile. You don't need to know the previous password to change it (bit of a security risk there).

Advertisement