Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Memory Card

• 25-03-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me, I have a 512mb mini SD card for my 3 6280, it was workin fine until yesterday when it's telling me I need to format my memory card, but it's my understanding that formatting erases all the information on the card,

I have hundreds of pictures on it that I don't wanna loose... really sentimental stuff, any idea how I can get around this?

I would really appreciate any help on this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Get a card reader and some recovery software for your PC or Mac. There's lots out there, and it should be able to recover most if not all of the media on the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Get a card reader and some recovery software for your PC or Mac. There's lots out there, and it should be able to recover most if not all of the media on the card.
    That is thee best thing you can do. Also, there is little hope of getting your mem stick into fully working condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

Thanks so much for the replies guys, I'm not too bothered if the memory card doesn't work anymore, I'm just so worried about getting at least some of my pics back, some of them go back two years! and now I'm kicking myself for not backing up... ah well, a lesson to be learned...

So would I just google it to find the software?

No even when I put it in my computer, it tells me I need to format it! Otherwise I would have done that by now, lol.

It's very annoying, I can't seem to find the right software either. Can anyone tell me a name or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Does the card work in your phone? I'm also told I need to reformat when I insert it into my PC. If it works in your phone, perhaps you could forward pictures using bluetooth or even copy them to your PC using a data cable.

• Advertisement

No it doesn't work in phone, and doesn't work in pc, both places are telling me I need to format the drive.

I have like, sooo many sentimental pics on the card, even if I can get some of them back I would be over the moon, this is breakin my heart!!

Anyone know of any software that can help me?

Please?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

See will this work, this app isn't specified exactly for what you want, more for what you purposely deleted. But have a try anyway. http://www.download.com/eData-Unerase-Personal/3000-2248_4-10345833.html?tag=lst-0-1

Oh brilliant, I downloaded it, and it found files on my memory card, however I need to upgrade if I wanna retrieve them all. It may be well worth it for me if I do.

I just wanna say thanks a million nevf, I really appreciate this!

Thank you!

Advertisement