Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Tiling

Options
  • 25-03-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone out there had a go at tiling their own kitchen (beginner tilers i mean) and if so how did it turn out. Also if you are tiling in a kitchen with a fitted units what is the procedure here should the tiles go around these or do you need to tile under them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi.
    yeah i did my kitchen floor and splash-back.
    i took the kickboards off and ran the tiles under units.then had to cut a little bit off the kickboard.
    lay the tiles out before you start to get the right layout.
    i used a small laser level i had cos it was very good to keep a straight line for the first row. i also used a wet saw to cut them coz i had strange angles in my kitchen.i found it handy to use but a bit slower.
    do you have a concrete floor? if so is it level? cos if not get some floor leveling compond as if floor uneven it will show with the finish job.

best of luck
    keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Advertisement