Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT upgraded their speed?

Options
  • 25-03-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Have BT upgraded their broadband speed in the last few days?
    I have noticed that I have been getting noticeable faster download speeds...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

fatal wrote:
    Have BT upgraded their broadband speed in the last few days?
    I have noticed that I have been getting noticeable faster download speeds...

They are probably texting everyone about it! (The answer is no - BT cannot upgrade their speed as they resell the Eircom products)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well my router still says 3meg down and 384 up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Nothing noticeably faster here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The "dry weather dividend" its called, things will assuredly go to pot again in the wet season as the rain penetrates eircoms dodgy wiring .

Just make sure you have your before and after line stats to hand when you report that fault in October .

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I've noticed my ping times have dropped a good bit.

I'm getting about 12ms to boards now. If anything has happened I suspect interleaving has been turned down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

How could bt increase speed with out eircom offering a new wholesale package?

Advertisement