Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stan - More Ballboys..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

seansouth wrote:
    You see gucci
    What grates me is, and this has ONLY happened to me at Ireland games, when I get up to try start a chant, or encourage a player, I get told to sit down and shut up :rolleyes: by a prawn sandwicher.

i wouldnt tell anyone to shut up for singing, unless they were really bad :o although a fat italian with a megaphone 2 rows infront of me was very close to getting it!!

and i want my tickets in hill 16 during the summer because its A) cheaper and B) the dubs are great craic for the bit of slagging!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Believe me, I told him to more than get the boat. And it wasn't on Saturday, it was at the Faroe Islands match in the last campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

How bout this:

(Sung to the air of "My old mans a dustman")

STAUNTON'S ****ING TRAGIC, HE WEARS A TRAGIC HAT,
    AND WHEN HE SAW THE THE IRELAND JOB HE SAID I FANCY THAT,
    HE DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE BUT DELANEY THE SAD PRAT,
    SAID "COME ON IN OLD BUDDY" AND PUT OUT THE WELCOME MAT.

:D:D:D:D

Anyone like to add the next verse??

:D

Somehow I don't think it's what Stephen Ireland had in mind when he said this
    'Hopefully, people will now get behind us a bit more and push us on.

'The backing from the fans at Croke Park will be a major weapon for us.

'It's a great stadium with a great atmosphere and, with the fans behind us, it will help us raise our game an awful lot.

'It's not our home territory yet, but getting the first win there will at least settle us down.'
    http://rte.ie/sport/2007/0327/ireland2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What grates me is, and this has ONLY happened to me at Ireland games, when I get up to try start a chant, or encourage a player, I get told to sit down and shut up by a prawn sandwicher.

Your response to that should be a nicely worded **** off. The key to getting people singing at games is always in the individual not caring what other people think.

If a group of fans start singing, the key to the whole crowd joining in is an individual fan in a different area, just getting up, and singing along even if nobody else around them is singing.
    When they do this, people around them join in, and an atmosphere is created. People are more willing to do this in big games, because they believe it is more acceptable, which is why the atmosphere is always greater there.
    But the key to getting a good atmopshere at say Slovakia, is just to start singing along, and keep singing, even if people around you don't initially start to sing. To do this, you have to accept you will look like an idiot sometimes.
    That's where me not caring what other people think about me comes into full force :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

exactly, i dont get this giving out about the songs that are sung at ireland games, what do people suggest? i am not going to be pedantic and say that do you suggest we sit and sing/say nothing because that what its seems to me, but nobody has suggested that we do anything different. whatever little atmosphere ole or mexican waves adds they are still better than nothing.

I myself wish Ole Ole Ole Ole, Ole Ole, would continue to,

We're all part of Jackies army.....

I don't see why we shouldn't sign this myself, a great song about great times, and a song everybody knows.

PHB wrote:
    Your response to that should be a nicely worded **** off.
    :o
    Wasn't as nicely worded as perhaps it should have been.

More like 'fcuk off, if you want to watch the match in a library, go the fcuk home'
    PHB wrote:
    The key to getting people singing at games is always in the individual not caring what other people think.

If a group of fans start singing, the key to the whole crowd joining in is an individual fan in a different area, just getting up, and singing along even if nobody else around them is singing.
    When they do this, people around them join in, and an atmosphere is created. People are more willing to do this in big games, because they believe it is more acceptable, which is why the atmosphere is always greater there.
    But the key to getting a good atmopshere at say Slovakia, is just to start singing along, and keep singing, even if people around you don't initially start to sing. To do this, you have to accept you will look like an idiot sometimes.
    That's where me not caring what other people think about me comes into full force :)
    QFT.

It's many a time I've ended up looking like an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

seansouth wrote:
    'Come on you boys in Green' hardly got an airing on Saturday.

Ire-land clap-clap-clap, sure I do that one myself at Shels games.

clap-clap......clap-clap-clap......clap-clap-clap-clap IRELAND, ditto.

The Fields without the ra undertones would be nice.

Amhrán na bhFiann during the match, a lá France?

Ireland, Ireland, Ireland.
    Even though I couldn't quite hear them when watching it on TV when I got home, all those songs were sung quite a few times in the section that I was in, except for Amhrán na bhFiann, (the words would have to be up on the screen for that to happen). Although I'd surprised that the French sing it at their matches, I would've thought that they'd stick to their own national anthem....

PHB wrote:
    you have to accept you will look like an idiot sometimes
    Alcohol has a great affect on nullifying the effects of feeling like an idiot. However, with UEFA being hell bent on turning football into a "family" game, thereby not serving alcohol at games, generating an atmosphere is getting harder and harder. Although having said that, I'll reiterate the point that for an atmosphere to occur there has to be something to generate it on the pitch, something we're sadly lacking recently.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Amhrán na bhFiann, (the words would have to be up on the screen for that to happen). Although I'd surprised that the French sing it at their matches, I would've thought that they'd stick to their own national anthem....
    :D

Jesus, you can type nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement