Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skatepark for Dun Laoghaire;Consultation Meeting

Options
  • 25-03-2007 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Just to let you know that Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council is having a consultation meeting for the new skatepark on Wednesday 4th April.

Place: Assembly Room, County Hall, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire
    4pm: For Inline Bladers/ BMX'ers/ Skaters who are under 16, and their families.
    6pm: Open to all skate enthusiasts(Inline Bladers/ BMX'ers/ Skater) and their families.

Apparenty you have to register and book a place, so contact:
    Sports Development Office,
    Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council,
    County Hall,
    Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire

sports@dlrcoco.ie

Later,
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, need to get some bodies to go to this or you may end up with another rhino park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I was talking to Pat in Lazy Dog and he said that after the success of Bushy and Lucan the council want theirs to be the best!?!?!
    But then when I saw the plans and chatted to the manager of the fitness center he said that the ramps would be concrete modular! The plans didnt look great to be honest, kinda like the pic of what is proposed for ballincollig.
    I also sent the council an article on the benefits of concrete versus modular!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi all,

i will do my best to make it up there too.

grant masterson
    gorey
    www.wreckless.ie
    www.goreyskateclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Pat in Lazy Dog and a lot of others put in a lot of effort in to convince them that in-situ concrete was the way to go and modular was crap.We thought we had them convinced after the trip to Dundalk and Bushy.Then out of the blue we hear they've gone with skatestone (modular concrete). We need to get a lot of people to go to this meeting and show these guys up for the jokers they are.
    We are asked to attend this meeting to consult on the final design of the skatepark. I think I'll ask for an oververt cradle ...lets see them find that in their catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Here's skatestones website http://www.skatestone.de/skatestone-eng/index.htm

take a look at what's available dig out you old PS1 game of THPS and try and design the best park you can. Maybe get them to build a multi-tiered concrete base might help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

I've just heard that about skatestone. Cvnts.

Might be of some use to you...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978276&page=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pdger839

shagman wrote:
    Here's skatestones website http://www.skatestone.de/skatestone-eng/index.htm

take a look at what's available dig out you old PS1 game of THPS and try and design the best park you can. Maybe get them to build a multi-tiered concrete base might help.

Just heard sportstone are halfway through building a park in swords, has anyone been out to look at it? it is supposed to have a pool and curb wall.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rukos_g'day

check out these guys - definitely know what they're doing.
    do yourself a favour n order a catalog from them.
    http://www.concrete-skateparks.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

apperently the one in swords is supposed to be huge. anyone been out there? pictures etc. while ur at it order a load of ledges for this park, for us transition retards

• Advertisement

The spraoi linn crowd with "skate stone" have been awarded the contracts for it.
    Work has started on the project itself, all weather pitch also being built in the Monkstown area in Dublin.

The councils have a board that review all the tenders when it comes to projects it seems. This one was made up od the monkstown sports centre , engineers on the DLrd coco, finance officers and probably more people higher up the chain of command who have the power to influence the decisions.

As far as i can gather from a quick conversation with one of the sports officers on the Coco, they quickly decided against modular because of the fact of ongoing maintainance, replacement, damage, weathering, suitability etc. ( not that its just ****e perhaps?) but then went for this type over in situ concrete.? money money money. they got 100,000 in 2005 from the dept. of the environment and the monkstown poool and fitness centre are putting up the rest. What are the council putting forward in funding?

it will be 40m x 40m in size anyway. might see u 2moro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

has anyone found out were the skatepark will be in dun laoighre?? Or will it be in monkstown??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

It'll be situated beside the monkstown pool.
    http://www.monkstownpool.com/
    There are maps here and all info on the site but none on skatepark (typical)
    You are going to have top pay to skate which the council say they will reinvest in the park/leisure center.
    Jaysus fisheye every skatepark on your link looks better than what Dun Laoghaire are going to build and they said they wanted their skatepark to be the "best" hahahaha
    Once again my standing on Dun Laoghaire Rathwdown Council has been upheld!
    Try living here they really do suck.
    Anyway back to Bushy and Greystones it is then....

Kenjd wrote:
    It'll be situated beside the monkstown pool.
    http://www.monkstownpool.com/
    There are maps here and all info on the site but none on skatepark (typical)
    You are going to have top pay to skate which the council say they will reinvest in the park/leisure center.
    Jaysus fisheye every skatepark on your link looks better than what Dun Laoghaire are going to build and they said they wanted their skatepark to be the "best" hahahaha
    Once again my standing on Dun Laoghaire Rathwdown Council has been upheld!
    Try living here they really do suck.
    Anyway back to Bushy and Greystones it is then....

Thats cool thanks man i know were the pool is thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

When ya finally get to skate the DLR CoCo park & realise its crap, send all your complaints to Mr Tom Moulds at Dunlaoghaire Rathdown County Council.

Because this man has visited half a dozen other skateparks, he believes that he's some sort of fountain of knowledge.....he's not & it'll all come out in the wash eventually.

DLR have thrown away a chunk of OUR MONEY on a MODULAR (SH*TE) PARK.
    When we asked if we could review the plans & help to improve them they said yes, but we've heard nothing since.
    Having worked on Bushy & Lucan (& skating for 20+ years) we thought that our free advice might be beneficial.
    Obviously not.

The name again: Mr Tom Moulds :cool: :confused: :mad:

just contact them again and again until they give you them and then give your input and anyone elses input that you have been given its all you can do and if it sucks because they havent used your ideas well atleast you can say i tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

check out these guys - definitely know what they're doing.
    do yourself a favour n order a catalog from them.
    http://www.concrete-skateparks.com

these guys should definitely build the skatepark in tralee coz they got 882,000 for the skatepark. imagine what this company could do with that kind of money huge plaza style... droool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

lifesgood wrote:
    these guys should definitely build the skatepark in tralee coz they got 882,000 for the skatepark. imagine what this company could do with that kind of money huge plaza style... droool!!!

No council (especially a 'country' 1) has almost a million euros to spend on a skatepark - thats a mis-print, should be €88,000

Bruce da Ox is heavily involved with the proposed park in Tralee so its in very capable hands. Hopefully they wont go down the same poxy 'modular' route as Blanch / Swords, etc....

JohnBoy

Advertisement