Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTTP Problem

Options
  • 25-03-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

This is going to be a bit hard to describe, but anyway..

On Wednesday my internet (i.e. Firefox) was working fine, no problems. Then come thursday all of a sudden it won't let me browse anything, giving me the problem that no internet connection was detected. That was strange, checked all my proxy settings etc, no problems. This was just after a recent update of firefox too.

Then checked Internet Explorer 6, working fine no problems. Missed by tabs from firefox though, so said I'd update to IE7, downloaded it, installed, restarted, guess what, same problem as firefox now. Rechecked proxy settings etc.

The strange thing is, I can still connect to skype and torrents. I'm totally confused as to what the problem is.

I have been bringing my laptop into college everyday and using proxys to use torrents and the internet, although in college I have the same problem as at home (torrents skpye: fine, internet: "no internet connection detected")

I'm using LAN in college and WLAN at home.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Does putting 66.249.93.104 (Google IP address) into firefox or IE bring anything up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

nope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Update:

So I re-installed IE6, since that seemed to be the only thing that's working. And it works to a certain extent. If the page is set as my home page it will allow me to go to it. But any link outside of that hierarchy it won't, e.g. if i set it the homepage to www.boards.ie it will allow me view any page that has www.boards.ie/blah blah/blah blah but no external links. It gives me this error when I try go to external links:

The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.

any ideas?

Advertisement