Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get a .ie

Options
  • 25-03-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

hey
    i wanna get a .ie for 1 year minimum
    i heard somewhere that i have to register the name as a business first. is this true?
    also how does one go about registering a business in ireland?
    can it be done online??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

cro.ie for registering a business name
    you don't need to have a reg'd business name to get a .ie domain but it helps
    Blacknight are offering 25euro .ie names for this week only...

lenghty discussion on .ie registration available here

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, but i did get in a predicament registering a client for a .IE address recently at work.

It was something about you need to be trading under the name of the domain name you register. Forget the details exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

You need to show or prove a relation to the name you want to register. Having a trademark, registered business name or company name is the simplest way to prove this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If your client has a registered business or company AND can prove a connection to the domain name that they wish to use you can usually get the domain registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

does anybody know the charge for registering a business name?
    i had a look on that cro website and i signed up to it but the info is very sketchy on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I think it's approx 20euro but I'm not 100% certain on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

CRO Pricing... RBN1x is the one you're looking for, so if you do it online, it's €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I got mine as a natural person.
    I just had to prove why I reckon I should be entitled to it.

Advertisement