Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit & Run On Leeson St Last Night Circa 4am

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Savman wrote:
    And did Gardai interview said horse?
    The nearest interpreter was in the stables at the Phoenix Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DaveMcG wrote:
    I hope the cart driver dies

Why? it was the horse that ran into them. I hope they turn it into glue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

clown bag wrote:
    nay
    had to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

Was this outside rios? never seen so many people on hte road as i did there last night. And forget the horses, the aircoach nearly took a few extra passengers with its bumper on a few occasions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dirty Knuckles

ballooba wrote:
    Did anyone witness this last night? There was a lot of drunk people around, of which I was one.

One, you admit to being drunk so your evidence is sketchy straight away.

I've never drove a horse and trap down Leeson St so I can't give an opinion there. However I've been driving a taxi through that crowd for a number of year's and its terrible. I've had my car spat at, people jump on the bonnet, lie down in my path, and more recently had my rear passenger door kicked causing over €800 euro's worth of damage to a new €30k car!.

Although I've a pretty low opinion on those horse and trap guys, my opinion on that post-club crowd is lower.

Like alot of taxi driver's, I avoid that street after club hour's now.

• Advertisement

markk06 wrote:
    Was this outside rios? never seen so many people on hte road as i did there last night. And forget the horses, the aircoach nearly took a few extra passengers with its bumper on a few occasions
    Yes. Outside Rios.

However I've been driving a taxi through that crowd for a number of year's and its terrible.
    I can competely sympathise with your perspective. It is disgraceful. Especially seeing as all those people are what the Indo calls the "young elite". My áss!

I still think driving a vehicle at and over someone is despicable though. No excuse.
    Like alot of taxi driver's, I avoid that street after club hour's now.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If it was my car I wouldn't be going near there. I know people have to make a living but there is plenty of business heading out Donnybrook and Rathmines direction at that time without that craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Inexcusable on the skangers part that was steering the horse.

But Id say the majority were D4 heads were too ashamed to report it to the Gardai ;)

OH MY GOD, loike this horse totally came out of nowhere roysch and next thing I know Im on the deck in my chinos and my hugo boss shoes got scraped, I mean loike I presume this goy was loike lost and was trying to find his way back to the northside loike !

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

ballooba wrote:
    Did anyone witness this last night? There was a lot of drunk people around, of which I was one. You may not have noticed it even if you were there. One of the Horse and Cart drivers intentionally drove through a small crowd of people. He hit probably three or four of them. One girl seemed injured and I was surprised that those with her did not call the Gardai.

I looked up to see if I could get the reg number off the horse and cart, but then realised that they don't have any. The crowd of people were standing in the middle of the road causing a nuisance. Doesn't excuse what the guy did though. You should have seen the look on his face as he told the horse to drive on.

On a lighter point maybe the thread should be called "Hit and trot" or even "hit and gallop". Maybe the horse just thougt the grass was greener on the other side.....................................................sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Sizzler wrote:
    OH MY GOD, loike this horse totally came out of nowhere roysch and next thing I know Im on the deck in my chinos and my hugo boss shoes got scraped, I mean loike I presume this goy was loike lost and was trying to find his way back to the northside loike !

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement