Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of cash to spend on pc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Most items are fine with a few exceptions the power supply & graphics.

NorthQ are crap PSU's avoid like the plauge. Get this Tagan Easycon 580W instead much better quality and removable cables. Or this Seasonic S12 600W PSU another good quality brand.

As for the graphics well I really would hold off NVIDIA are launching the GeForce 8600 series in mid April and you will get something better than the 7900GS for the same price.

Use this graphics card as a place holder if you have no PCI-e card till they come out next month then pick up a 8600GTS or 8600GT as they are rumoured to be at least on par with the 7900GT which is better than the 7900GS anyway.

If you don't feel like waiting this is what I would go for right now a X1950 Pro which is in the same price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pduffy50

Try this board https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=321774&view=detailed its EUR3 Cheaper and if you check the reviews its on par with the board you are looking at, plus it has ALOT more extras, i have this board and i would give it a 9/10

8T8 is right about the graphics card try and hold off, ATI are also releasing a new card so older cards will drop in price, also stay away from NorthQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭namit

Going for this any last sugestions?

Komplett Intel Gamer

- Surcharges 0 per item will be added.Article number: 318627
    Stock status: 1 pcs expected on stock 2007-03-26
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz Socket
    Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB
    NEC DVD±recorder AD-5170 IDE Black OEM
    Norman IC, 1 year license Virus Control,
    PC box
    SoftThinks Installation software,
    Samsung SpinPoint T166 250GB SATA2
    Tagan Easycon 600W, Modular Cables,135mm
    Cooler Master Ammo 533
    ABIT AW9D-MAX, I975X, Socket-775,SATAII,
    Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB
    Gigabyte GeForce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3,
    PC with no operating system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Definitely don't pay €278 for a 7900GT!

If you want to spend that kind of money get something like an X1950XT instead a much better card all round or go even further with an 8800GTS.

The anti-virus software well that I'm not sure Avast which is free is a great one to use and well free..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 d_advocatus

As was said, the X1950PRO is better and cheaper than the 7900GS.

If you plan on onverclocking, which you would be insane not to with a Core 2 Duo, go for a board with an Intel 965 chipset rather than the 975. Also, spend some cash on the memory. Get a good speed with low latency, such as the Ballistix or XMS, these sticks are great overclockers also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement