Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candidates in the Jacks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

I think due to this thread the poster she put up is doing its job. Simply by you's talking about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Is an election candidate allowed to advertise ''Vote No.1'' in a newspaper before an election is called?

FF Dublin North candidate John O'Leary has an advertisment (pretty much a copy of an election poster) in this weeks Northside people saying ''Vote John O'Leary'' then the usual picture of his smiley face in the middle and at the foot ''Vote 1,2 & 3 in the order of your choice Kennedy Micheal, O'Brien Darragh.'' :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Why not? we'll just forget!

But there is a limit to money that can be spent in the period after an election is called.... Interesting question....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

ballooba wrote:
    Lucinda Creighton has been heavily criticised in the media for the attached poster. She was accused of cheapening herself.

The ads appear in Ladies and Gents toilets around Dublin. The picture was taken on Paddy's Day in the Gents in Kehoe's on South Anne St.

I think it's a clever idea to play on the Diageo Ads and a good campaign for a young politician. I don't think the media would have any problems if it were a male candidate.

And you have the gall to suggest that other candaidates are desperate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I see Lucinda introduced Enda last night at the Ard Fheis speech. Fianna Fail will probably say she's cheapened herself again. :D
    Marcais wrote:
    And you have the gall to suggest that other candaidates are desperate :rolleyes:
    Did you hear Evelyn Cawley is gone to 5/2 on PaddyPower.com?!?!? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

In fairness, Fine Gael posters do belong in the toilet

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

ballooba, I think you've made your point. Marcais, try to make your contributions constructive, thanks.

oscarBravo wrote:
    ballooba, I think you've made your point. Marcais, try to make your contributions constructive, thanks.

No problem Oscar. Sauce for the goose etc. i.e. a response to Ballooba's trolling.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52977091&postcount=16

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There was no need to get that last dig in. Also, please read the charter and avoid further accusations of trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well done Lucinda.

It's a bit of humour around it, origional and any negative attention it generates is not for it's content but for it's source.

I like Lucinda, I think she's an up and coming star of Irish politics. I happen to live in the S.E. consticuency and I've been very impressed with her work and feedback over the last few years..not just knocking once every six years like good old ruairi.

Fair play to her and she'll get my vote anyway, I think it's important to Irish politics that people like her get a voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ballooba wrote:
    The picture was taken on Paddy's Day in the Gents in Kehoe's on South Anne St.
    I could understand how some hacks could be offended at said poster if placed over the urinals, as she appears to be looking downwards and laughing.

Myself, I think it's a work of marketing genius and shows how far FG have come since their one of their candidates (can't remember which...help anyone?) put posters up for himself during the last Euros, showing his balding and unsmiling head over the catchy byline "Working for Effective Legislation in Europe on your behalf".

Advertisement