Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfboard for a shortarse

Options
  • 25-03-2007 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone point me towards what I should be looking for in a surfboard
    Im 5 foot girl -havent weighed myself in a while but not huge
    and I find whenever i get lessons the surfboards are just too akward to carry and Manoeuvre etc .Even when I get up on them some of them feel more like kayaks than boards -Everyone tells me for beginners you need for a really large board but I think for someone my size I could use one a lot smaller
    I also seem to be so far away from the nose on these
    Ive seen boards 7'2 would this be too long for me?
    Any recommendations? I want as cheap as possible just to allow me to get out in the water a few times a month and get a bit better. Ive had a few different lessons but think id be better to spend some time myself on my own board in my own time -Im in cork
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I think for this time of year 7'2 would be perfect. As the summer waves get smaller the board needs to get bigger, especially in Cork. It might be harder to carry to the beach but it will pay off when you are riding 2 foot waves and everyone else is stuck in the ocean. Plus you will get better much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

It depends on the shape really. If its got plenty of volume and a big round nose then 7'2-7'6 should be fine. See if you can try out a few boards from the shop down in Garrettstown, should give you a good idea of what you need. If you've been riding those big soft yellow boards until now, yes, those things are huge! Don't worry, a proper 7'6 will be a bit easier to handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shortie123

excellent iIll try out them out and see how i go/
    Thanks for that !

Advertisement