Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with all the "Newb" this and "Newb" that?

Options
  • 25-03-2007 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that if you use certain equipment, some people will call you a newb?

Eg; Grenade Launcher - "Nice use of the newb tube jerk."
    Claymores - "You're such a newb sniper."
    Grenades - "Omg you're such a newb, grenade spamming!"

It almost seems as if you're expected to come across an enemy troop, wait untill he's nodded at you, and then fire pistols at 20 paces?

You know, I've been playing BF2 a long time, and I've got (As of whenever my stats were updated) 15,600 kills and 13,788 deaths, so I'd say I'm probably not that much of a newb.

Bah, minor annoyance though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

It appears to be the early signs of the cross over of CSS syndrome where every single word of chat slowly but surely degrades into acrynoms implying the stupidity/newbishness/hacking/sexual relationships with oneself-ish-ness of any player who just killed them. Its a slippper slope , and i liked battlefield for the very reason it was a break from that css behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

The game is full of **** at the moment, between accusations of hacking to good players and servers running with no admins at all allowing players to wall hack etc, its a real joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Reminds me of a server I was on once. One particular player who was on the other side kept remarking that players were noobs if they killed him with any unlock weapon. "Omg n00b Scar L Wtf?!", "Lol G36 noob gun!" and so on.
    Those people are called idiots. The best way to deal with them is to outplay them and not let what they say get to you.
    Join a clan - that way you get to kick/ban them when they act up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

There pissed you pwnd them tbh lolz. :D

As creature said there idiots! Dont mind them and outplay them!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah it gets annoying alright, especially when it comes to APMs in 2142. They're the noobs for walking into them. Basically these guys are so good that it only takes a noob fluke to kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

When I saw the title of this thread I was like "this is something that belongs in the CS thead not here" . In 2142 i find that it is very rarely that something like this happens. i think i have only seen it once and thats with me having played for over 70 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'll tell ya what gets on my back, idiots who seem to think they are one man armies. Another thing, when one asks for a resupply/medpac when sanding beside an assault or supply, is it too much to ask to drop the damn box??

Honestly, its idiots like that who are ruining the game, oh and **** who decide to take out the transport ships in titan and decide to jump out at the last second and forget about the lads in the back!! GAH!! Those are the noobs, ****...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

noob tube ftw - seriously best weapon in the game I love it.

i would call any idiot a 'newb' for fagmore spamming, how lowskilled is that?.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

noob tube ftw - seriously best weapon in the game I love it.

i would call any idiot a 'newb' for fagmore spamming, how lowskilled is that?.
    How much skill does it take to avoid them? :cool:

If you let us know where you would like us to place the claymores we will be happy to oblige.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Ah every game has them types of hemeroids playing, Bfv was the worst when you followed the noise of someone fresh out of water and killed them "omg how did you know i was there ?" "You hacker !" "Jackabo should be more like Hackabo!! " bla bla bla .But i actually enjoy all that ,it gives you more of a stiffy when you keep killing them again & again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

You can't be picking good servers, methinks ;)

Ain't had that at all, bar the odd one or two exceptions, in about a year of playing it.

But then I usually get myself either on 'mature' servers (oldb@st@rdsclan.co.uk - note name edited with '@' for decency :) ), or on north european servers (german/swedish/finn are quite good), or on the jolt.co.uk ones. Plenty of decent teamplayers, and idiots of the kind you describe don't stay there long (they're made pretty unwelcome tbh - never given a ride, or revived, or given ammo/medipacks or offered cover fire, etc. :D )

EDIT Oh, and I do use the auld M203 plenty - can't beat it when you start up Karkand as US and you got to make your way through that bunch of alleyways...

Am using two PIDs atm btw, need to edit my entry in the sticky - ambro25 my oldest one (playing any kit, mostly sniper/assault/spec-ops), and 5T3F (playing nearly only as medic/AT).
    GreeBo wrote:
    If you let us know where you would like us to place the claymores we will be happy to oblige.:rolleyes:

...round the next corner, or just behind him as he lays prone (but resisting the urge to knife kill is the hardest part) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Just wait for the "OMFG!!!!, 2:1 kd, l2p without hack u newb!"

I learned not to play.

Jackabo wrote:
    Bfv was the worst when you followed the noise of someone fresh out of water and killed them "omg how did you know i was there ?" "You hacker !" "Jackabo should be more like Hackabo!! " bla bla bla .

Latest version is 2142's active camo, people who use it forget you can hear it a mile away. when you shoot them when its active, you get pretty much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

GreeBo wrote:
    How much skill does it take to avoid them? :cool:

Agreed.

Go charging into a flag area, you should expect to be splattered across the wall by a claymore. Doesn't take a genius to work out that you can actually spot them and go around them very easily.

any idiot can throw down a few claymores round a flag radius. and those things have a MASSIVE blast area so most of the time by the time you see it your toast. Its EZMode frags tbh, anyone can do that with no effort whatsoever.

The funny ones are the snipers who run at you with claymore in hand in the hopes of throwing one down and getting you before they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Latest version is 2142's active camo, people who use it forget you can hear it a mile away. when you shoot them when its active, you get pretty much the same.

And if you are in a squad with the helmet you can see them on netbat anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

any idiot can throw down a few claymores round a flag radius. and those things have a MASSIVE blast area so most of the time by the time you see it your toast. Its EZMode frags tbh, anyone can do that with no effort whatsoever.

Well, (i) it's a game simulating combat and (ii) combat includes AP explosives so (iii) it simulates AP explosives as well :rolleyes: If you don't like it, don't play it, just stick to Unreal or CS.

Another twist, if you want: (i) it's a game where you win by capping flags and (ii) to avoid losing you have to stop opponents capping your own flags so (iii) any means provided in-game (Claymore, C4, etc.) to do that is fair game :rolleyes: If you don't like it, don't play it, just stick to Unreal or CS.

etc.
    The funny ones are the snipers who run at you with claymore in hand in the hopes of throwing one down and getting you before they die.

And it works every time! :p You kill, the sniper drops, the next thing you do is move and... bang :D For a sniper, the claymore is the best item to have in hand (better than rifle, pistol or nades) when moving from a sniping post to another, in case you get jumped.

<>[]<>
    <blahblah> [G36C] <ambro25>
    <ambro25> [claymore] <blahblah>
    <>[]<>
    oooh, the satisfaction :D

just as well the snipers are so easy to kill in everyother regard. When i find a snniper lying down, i wont even go for a knife, i just shoot the b@st in the back..now thats satisfaction :D

or sniping them back with an AT kit...ohhh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

The best has to be when u kill some1 when ur assault and w8 for them to be revived then fire the nade launcher and kill 2 of them...

The accusations go flying all over the place they start cursing and all...

Thats when i ban them from the server :)

haha i love doing that, I have the biggest grin when i get a frag as assault and see a medic run too him... then you just wait a few secs to make sure he gets the revive then boom :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sniping medics is fun too :)

headshot an emeny sniper, wait for medic to res him, head shot the medic and then hit the sniper whatever way you can.

Even more fun is playing support (2142) and hitting two guys coming around a corner. with luck there's a medic out of sight that just keeps resing them... eventually someone throws a 'nade right at the corner and ruins your fun :( - for some reason camp gibraltar seems to be the most popular location for this past-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have a spot on karkand where I place two claymores at the start of every round when playing as mec.. I have 2 - 4 kills about 5 mins later.. its kinda n00bish but I dont care :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Claymoring the spawn-points, how evil.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Teh noob tube is teh fun allright. Ignore the **** when they post about newb this and newb that. When you have a 3 or 4 to 1 KDR it shows who is the noob.

Favourite moment with a noobtube, karky, 2nd flag, guys come around the corner, tube him, medic jumps in, just as i finish reload, tube him and the other guy i originally killed. reloading and i could'nt believe my eyes, 2 medics jump in to revive the other 2, waited for them to do it and tubed the 4. The guy i originally killed left the server then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Has anyone else noticed that if you use certain equipment, some people will call you a newb?

AH look at ya, ye noob poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

lmao @ spookey :D

Best thing is Outsniping..if you can call it that...a sniper..using a Rocket from miles away:D :D
    Love killin them on top TV station on Sharqui:o :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

YORE. MA. has the gout.

Prove otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

just wondering, does the claymore charge work in 2142 and 2? (no reason for asking ofc, just curious :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Claymore at the top of the stairs. BOOM. Put another one down. BOOM. Put the last one down. BOOM. wait at the top of the ladder, wait untill you hear them, kill them, take their kit (and their claymore's), and reapeat step one...

As for an easy kill: yes, but if you're sniping, its dumb not covering your back.

Advertisement