Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with all the "Newb" this and "Newb" that?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Best one i had was a 5 man deagle clutch on inferno. I was staled as a deagle noob :/

I mean common.......

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

lol quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

Has anyone else noticed that if you use certain equipment, some people will call you a newb?

Eg; Grenade Launcher - "Nice use of the newb tube jerk."
    Claymores - "You're such a newb sniper."
    Grenades - "Omg you're such a newb, grenade spamming!"

It almost seems as if you're expected to come across an enemy troop, wait untill he's nodded at you, and then fire pistols at 20 paces?

You know, I've been playing BF2 a long time, and I've got (As of whenever my stats were updated) 15,600 kills and 13,788 deaths, so I'd say I'm probably not that much of a newb.

Bah, minor annoyance though.
    OMG YOU ARE SUCH A NOOB. it's noob not newb. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A NOOB. it's noob not newb. lol
    STFU n00b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

lol, jk guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anti wrote:
    Best one i had was a 5 man deagle clutch on inferno. I was staled as a deagle noob :/

I mean common.......

haha cs ftw!!!!1

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

DeafVision wrote:
    haha cs ftw!!!!1

cant believe you said that your such a noob daz *shakes head* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

I'm new to 2142 but enjoying it. What's "the noob tube" when it's at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

There ain't one in 2142 (I believe).

n00b tube 101

A n00b tube™ is an M203 grenade launcher, habitually underslung (under the barrel) on an M16 assault rifle (such as equipping the standard assault infantryman in BF2). See below:

159491ss_sm2.jpg

Deemed the n00b tube™ because of the medium range of the grenade throw and the blast radius of the grenade on impact, which help BF2 beginners to get lucky multikills from a reasonably safe distance and/or kill enemies in one not-so precise shot at close range.

Skillfully used by a seasoned player, it ceases to be a n00b tube™ and becomes a portable piece of pinpoint-precise artillery™, particularly suited to urban combat and most helpful in the context of commo-coordinated team-based tactics, for laying suppressing fire on massed infantry defenses/static posts while buddies go round the back with knives...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'm new to 2142 but enjoying it. What's "the noob tube" when it's at home?

It was the grenade launcher attachment in BF2 that went with standard assault rifle. It was bloody lethal, and waay too easy, i remember racking up 1700 kills with it. The 2142 equivalent would be the rocket launcher attachment for the assault gun, good long range but crap up close, the noobtube was lethal medium to short range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

i just shoot the b@st in the back..now thats satisfaction :D

or sniping them back with an AT kit...ohhh yes.
    so true
    love when you hear a sniper shot in your area,check your map and c no 1 from your team is around
    u track the sound and low and behold there he is !!!
    sneek up and cap his ass with a shot in the back of the head

ftw :)

Advertisement