Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

unlock megane with flat battery

Options
  • 25-03-2007 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

anyone know how to unlock a renault megane when the battery is flat, i am not at the car, but she (mother in law) recons the key in the card doesnt fit the door lock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The door lock could be stiff as it probably has never been used. Spray in some WD-40 and see if that helps. AFAIK, only the passenger side lock has a key way behind a plastic cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

crosstownk wrote:
    The door lock could be stiff as it probably has never been used. Spray in some WD-40 and see if that helps. AFAIK, only the passenger side lock has a key way behind a plastic cover.

cool, that must be it, she must be at the drivers door, thanks

i'll post back later (i'm at work)

hahhaha i had to laugh,

i phoned the missess with your details, then she hung up to phone her mum, about 20mins later she phoned back saying the car wont start now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

the car only starts if you open the door using the remote control built into the key.
    You need to do that the deactivate the imobiliser.

louie wrote:
    the car only starts if you open the door using the remote control built into the key.
    You need to do that the deactivate the imobiliser.

didn't know that, i thought imobilizers can sense when the key (okay card) is nearby

i was laughing because the doors wouldn't open because the battery was flat, yet when they got in, the car wouldn't start (battery was still flat)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

charge the battery, and open the car using the remote built-in. The car should start straight away.
    Most cars sense the chip in the key but Renault has a 5-10 sec. delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Tivoli wrote:
    didn't know that, i thought imobilizers can sense when the key (okay card) is nearby
    You are correct. The Megane II will start even if the battery is removed from the keycard. If you can get into the car using the manual key you should be able to start the car. Obviously if the main car battery is flat this will be problematic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

doesn't the key card have an actuay slide out key in it.... I think my megane had one!

Advertisement