Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Final Cut Pro certificate level one exam, anyone done it?

• 25-03-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am thinking of doing a course in intermediate Final Cut Pro in Filmbase Temple Bar. I have been using Final Cut Pro 5 for 2 years now on and off and I know the basics (i can capture, edit and output video), i am self thought. To do the Level 2 course you need to sit the apple pro certificate level one exam - how difficult is the exam. Would i need to do the first course to pass it. I just don't want to do the first course if its a waste of time and money when i might already know most of what they cover. I'm thinking maybe i could just sit the exam and move on to the level 2 course. has anyone done the exam or know anything about it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I did a pretest exam 2 wks ago provided by a certified trainer as a precurser to the actual exam. It was all multiple choice.

The official course book is: 'Final Cut Pro 5, Diana Weynand', it includes a DVD with lessons, it is an excellent book, very visual and easy to use. And pretty much gives you all you need to pass the part one of the course.

As you already have experience it should be very easy for by just getting the book and doing the first exam based on this book and your experience. You should pass no problem. For an example I used FCP on and off over a year in a very limited way, I got the recommended book and crammed for 5hrs before the pretest exam (read the summaries at the end of every chapter) and scored 60%.
    I think that answers your question. If not, ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭davejacko

For an example I used FCP on and off over a year in a very limited way, I got the recommended book and crammed for 5hrs before the pretest exam (read the summaries at the end of every chapter) and scored 60%.

Cool, sounds good. What kind of stuff were you doing for a year before the exam, was it basic capturing, editing and output to quicktimes?

Let us just put it this way 'dave' get the book, do the work and you will pass the exam and leap to where you want to be no prob and save yourself some bucks.
    Good luck.

Look, basically dave, you have no worries and that's a fact in passing the frist exam, it will be easy.
    Get the book, trust me, and go for the intermediate course you will do well. That is your course of action.

Ps sorry, that sounded abrupt, the work that I did was basic capturing, editing and output. I have edited about 3 basic films and practiced on a couple more, a couple of things to know is to be very familiar with the interface and slip, slide and roll editing comes into it a lot.

Advertisement