Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 23 Talk Shop

• 25-03-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

I thought we could use this thread to dicuss the nights events as they go down. Check in if your up for IT and then check back around 11pm next sundaY when the action starts.

aRE YOU READY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Its not really that related to 'Mania 23 but, the one thing I really miss from circa 1999/2000 and would love to happen at this 'Mania is, someone to show up on the night of the show totally unexpected, someone jumping over form TNA like used to happen with WCW.

To see AJ styles or Sting(I know he would never jump ship) to show up on the night with an interference or calling someone out would have me marking out all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Its not really that related to 'Mania 23 but, the one thing I really miss from circa 2000 and would love to happen at this 'Mania is, someone to show up on the night of the show totally unexpected, someone jumping over form TNA like used to happen with WCW.

To see AJ styles or Sting(I know he would never jump ship) to show up on the night with an interference or calling someone out would have me marking out all over the place.

That would be pure class. I'd also love it if Triple H does a promo at 'Mania. Just to see him walk (with or without crutches) down the ramp and into the ring would have me marking out for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

if chris jericho or the rock showed up id lose my mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

krudler wrote:
    if chris jericho or the rock showed up id lose my mind

I think you'll be staying sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Now if Randy Savage showed up I'D go insane :D

• Advertisement

Now if Randy Savage showed up I'D go insane :D

I think your sanity is pretty safe too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

CANT WAIT FOR wrestlemania. batista is gonna get his ass whooped. :D

:( this coming from a batista fan.

There's a new theme added for Wrestlemania 23. It's by Default and it's called "The memory will never die".

Its pretty good and I reckon they'll use it as the wrap up song. You can listen to it here:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/specialty_clips/wrestlemania/thememorywillneverdie

From figure four: - The Vince McMahon/Donald Trump story gained traction today with stories on CNN.com and the front page of Yahoo News. Footage aired on ESPN as well. CNN actually said Trump had a 50 percent chance of losing his hair. Well, I suppose you could make that argument if you wanted to, but seriously, let's get real. Vince is BURNING with greatness lately. Trump said he didn't know Vince used the "YOU'RE FIRED!" line, and Vince responded: "Why would he? He's such an elitist, he wouldn't watch our product. He wouldn't know what's going on in the real world."

You can now bet on the top 3 matches too at : http://www.5dimes.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's a new theme added for Wrestlemania 23. It's by Default and it's called "The memory will never die".

Its pretty good and I reckon they'll use it as the wrap up song.

Yeah I like that song too but assuming it does close the show, it occurs to me that the lyrics at the end would certainly go well with images of Batista ending the streak...

"you made me believe the day you surrender to me the memory will never die the love that you gave i'll
    never throw it away the memory will never die"

I hope I'm just reading too much into that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

"you made me believe the day you surrender to me the memory will never die the love that you gave i'll
    never throw it away the memory will never die"

The first thought that comes to my mind is that it will be 'Taker's last 'Mania and that he will never forget his streak at 'Mania. Thats just me, hopefully its just a song and nothing is meant by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

ec18 wrote:

Video thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

If Jeff Jarett shows up i'll have seen it all. yes, i know it's not going to happen;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

very well put together package......especially when you consider that they were able to put it together without showing the two of them knocking lumps out of each other for the entire.....
    "nobody has ever out performed shawn michaels in a big match situation" by JR was a great touch to the video.......
    This one is gonna be one to remember...........

Theres a section of preview video packages up at: http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/previewvideos/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Not long to go now, i thinkin Michaels, Taker and edge in some sort screw job to take the ladder match,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ok, just a thought here. 4 hour PPV with 8 matches. Kane/Khali and Ashley/Melina will inevitably be short matches. I expect the rest of the matches aside from Cena/Michaels and MITB to last about the 15 minute mark or less. I know some have been speculating about it and all this leads me to think there could well be another match on the cards..... MITB winner cashing in on the title after Cena/Micheals I think is a real possibilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well, how many matches were there last year? 10 or 1 I think. And they had to shorten some matches during the show. The MITB was only 12 minutes or so. SD Title match was 8 or 9 minutes. So I'd say they're just making sure they'll have enough time to give every match the time it deserves

• Advertisement

Ok, just a thought here. 4 hour PPV with 8 matches. Kane/Khali and Ashley/Melina will inevitably be short matches. I expect the rest of the matches aside from Cena/Michaels and MITB to last about the 15 minute mark or less. I know some have been speculating about it and all this leads me to think there could well be another match on the cards..... MITB winner cashing in on the title after Cena/Micheals I think is a real possibilty.

A real possibility, and remember the winner has a choice of which title to go for, A great finish would be if edge won the ladder and taker wins the world title then face off with both edge and taker both with 100% records with taker coming out on top after the cena michaels match. now that would be some finish to the PPV.:eek:

Get a load of the SBO presenter previewing the wm23 Jack Korpela, that jacket is miles to big for him. He must have borrowed it from his daddy:D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

The Bull wrote:
    Get a load of the SBO presenter previewing the wm23 Jack Korpela, that jacket is miles to big for him. He must have borrowed it from his daddy:D .
    Was he ever in the WWE before?

Apparently the money in the bank match will start the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 comic_Monkey

I'd be very surprised to see that open the show. My bet's on Benoit and MVP to jerk the curtain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

meh - you'd hope it would be kane vs kahli or whatever his name is, get it over and done with - its gonna be a real stinker!

I'd stick Khali/Kane right before the Taker match. Kill the crowd then get a big pop for Taker. Do the same thing with the awful women's match before the Main Event.

More WrestleMania 23 news :

Hulk Hogan has been spotted !!! : http://wrestlingnews.wrestling-radi...item&hline=1500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Was he ever in the WWE before?
    yeah he was involved in the trish/mickie storyline in late 2005,trish kidnapped him after mickie kidnapped ashley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

The Bull wrote:
    More WrestleMania 23 news :

Hulk Hogan has been spotted !!! : http://wrestlingnews.wrestling-radi...item&hline=1500

Awwwwwww NO tell me your jokin

kentonbomb wrote:
    yeah he was involved in the trish/mickie storyline in late 2005,trish kidnapped him after mickie kidnapped ashley

oh yes i remember that muppett

I'd like Hogan to make an appearance but its just an April fool going around the net. Stranger things have happened though I guess. If Aretha Franklin can come back 20 years later to a Detroit 'Mania, surely Hulk can do!

Whatever people think of Hogan, they missed the boat (both parties WWE and Hulk) in not doing a deal this year. It would have been such an easy story to do that would have captured a fair few fans imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maryjane1

been on to ntl sonce 9.30 trying to order wrestlemania and am still on hold. is anyone else having this problem? have they gone home and left the phones ringing or what? i know i could only book up until 10 so i dont know if they are going to answer calls that got through before ten or if im just wasting money waiting

maryjane1 wrote:
    been on to ntl sonce 9.30 trying to order wrestlemania and am still on hold. is anyone else having this problem? have they gone home and left the phones ringing or what? i know i could only book up until 10 so i dont know if they are going to answer calls that got through before ten or if im just wasting money waiting

You just never know with NTL. Sometimes, I think they hate making money with the lengths they make people go through to order a show.

Keep trying and if your unlucky the only thing you can do is order it tomorrow or maybe someone here can give you a link off the net to watch it.

You just never know with NTL. Sometimes, I think they hate making money with the lengths they make people go through to order a show.

Keep trying and if your unlucky the only thing you can do is order it tomorrow or maybe someone here can give you a link off the net to watch it.

thats the problem been on hold for an hour and dont know if i should hang up or not

• Advertisement

maryjane1 wrote:
    thats the problem been on hold for an hour and dont know if i should hang up or not

I really don't know. You'd think that if you phoned before 10, they'd help those out who'd been waiting. I'd say at this stage its unlikely though. If I see a link for the show tommorow, I'll send it to you.

I really don't know. You'd think that if you phoned before 10, they'd help those out who'd been waiting. I'd say at this stage its unlikely though. If I see a link for the show tommorow, I'll send it to you.

thanks for your help. im sooo gonna change to sky tomorrow

maryjane1 wrote:

Thats what I was saying when I was on the phone too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

maryjane1 wrote:
    At least NTL are showing it.Im with Chorus and theyre not showing it .Im deffinetly joining sky now

collie1 wrote:
    At least NTL are showing it.Im with Chorus and theyre not showing it .Im deffinetly joining sky now

Yeah I was on hold with them for 40 mins tonight trying to get it, got on eventually. Think you're out of luck at this point tho :(

• Advertisement

here we go:D

jesus that bitch has let herself go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

**** NTL!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

:D Thought she was going to try and fill the 4 hours herself...lol

watch out Top heavy load:D

Exit wrote:
    **** NTL!!! :mad:

As JR says "THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING"........:D

sorry for rubbing it in...:p

MITB is 1st up, as righly predicted on a few af the wrestling sites earlier today.

Kenneddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jacob

I ordered this PPV on thursday and the message on NTL channel 862 is Channel off air. Anyone else having this problem. I hate NTL. What's the story? Please help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

OMFG. Edge must be broken :eek:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement