Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games for 3840 x 1024 resolution?

Options
  • 25-03-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering is there any games that I can play that fully utilise my monitor setup and 3840 x 1024 resolution?

Also, just getting back into games after a few years out of the loop. Last game I played was Medal of honour. What's the best game of it's type out right now?

EDIT: here's a pic: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5444/2728/1600/871924/Monitor%20Setup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

if you liked medal of honor maybe call of duty 2 would suit you. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Flight Simulator X I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Lock on (modern fighter combat game)

Supreme Commander (hardcore RTS)

Test Drive Unlimited (if u like driving games)

for FPS's you cant go wrong with Half life 2 (plus the Call of duty games if you missed them)

I mean jesus theres loads, but I'm not gonna spend ages typing with out knowing what ur into and what your specs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

the multi monitor setup (nice btw) is meant to go down very nicely with supreme commander

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

u should play a side scrolling game and stretch it across all the way
    wahey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

anyone else think three monitors just seems a tad excessive?? one suits me fine.. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm quite happy with my 19" crt at the moment. I'll get a nice widescreen tft once i get some money (a friend has one, and it looks great), but thats as far as i'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

games arn't likely to support multiple monitors other than flight sims and supcom, and even if they did your vid card won't handle it...

(i've a 3840x1200 res setup ere , 2 * 24" mons, don't use em for games though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

0ubliette wrote:
    anyone else think three monitors just seems a tad excessive?? one suits me fine.. :(

Not if you're using them for development but for gaming yes.

Anyway here's a great site for widescreen gaming and (in your case) surround screen gaming. Has some nice before and after screenshots there. Have to say Fry Cry looks excellent in surround screen format.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/screenshots/

Advertisement