Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players welcome for Greystones Utd

Options
  • 25-03-2007 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Greystones UTD football team are looking for new recruits for the men's senior team.

We train every Tuesday and Thursday evening on the Jackie Skelly pitches, and would like to invite anyone with an interest down to join us. We play matches in the UCFL league (www.ucfl.ie) on Saturday afternoons, and are based out of the pitches down in Woodlands behind the beach car park.

Even if you dont want to take part in matches, come down and train with us (its better than running on a treadmill!!). All ages and levels of physical fitness are welcome!

If you have any questions just p.m me and I'll get back to you as quick as possible.

Thanks

Greystones Utd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

Hey there,

Just a quick question, I thought Greystones were LSL Senior? Is the pitch not the one just at the DART bridge behind the Beach-house pub? I played there last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

thats Greystones AFC. Greystones Utd are a different club (i thought they were primarily a schoolboy club).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greystonesutd

Apologies, I forgot to mention that training starts at about 7 on Tues and Thurs.

We meet in the car park near the changing rooms, the manager's name is Sinan.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fabulusbakerboy

When you say training what does that mean? Is that one the astro pitches? Currently play on Charlesland on Mon nights but will have to give it up so looking for game on Tues and Thurs...am a keeper too if any help for the saturdays. Couldn't commit to a season as heading away for 6 weeks in summer but interested in playing odd match if stuck and for a bit of craic. Could only train one night a week as ref footie on either tues or thurs each week. Don't mean to sound like a timewaster or not committed but want to be upfront first. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

When you say training what does that mean? Is that one the astro pitches? Currently play on Charlesland on Mon nights but will have to give it up so looking for game on Tues and Thurs...am a keeper too if any help for the saturdays. Couldn't commit to a season as heading away for 6 weeks in summer but interested in playing odd match if stuck and for a bit of craic. Could only train one night a week as ref footie on either tues or thurs each week. Don't mean to sound like a timewaster or not committed but want to be upfront first. Cheers!

You're a keeper and play with us on Mondays?! Are you sure we're talking about same "Mondays"? :) You kept your talent well hidden so far if you play with us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fabulusbakerboy

Oh I keep it well hidden! My problem is that the astro team I play for used to play in their league on different days of the week, now the league in theri wisdom have switched them almost all to Mondays, so my runabout outfield on Mondays is out, unless I show up half an hour late, which wastes everybody's time. Hence the need to look fo a run elsewhere otherwise belly's really gonna get me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greystonesutd

Training usually consists of a jog for about 15 mins, then ball skills for half an hour, then a match for the remaining hour.

We are currently recruiting for a new keeper, so please do come down!!

Advertisement