Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sprung a leak

Options
  • 25-03-2007 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

hey all,

just started to test my new watercooling rig and it started to leak onto my mother board and grpahics card, should i be worried cause i dried them instantly its just i haven't run the system yet and i'm concerned. I used deionised water and there was no power running through the components. let me know if i should be worried

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It should be fine, you can use Isopropanal alcohol to clean the effected areas if you are realy worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

can i ask, did you do a test run of your watercooling setup before attached it to your computer? Usually its a good idea to let it run for 24hours before attaching it to your computer to test for leaks. You should be fine though, although was your PSU plugged in at the time? Even though you might think the system wasn't turned on, just having your PSU plugged into your mobo then plugged into the wall socket is feeding voltage through it. To be safe, i'd take everything out and make sure that it is dry, also check under the heatsinks that they aren't wet. leave the components out in the air for a few hours to be sure they are dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

same as krazy 8 it should be fine but next time try buliding it in ur pc and then runit 24h and then put ur gear in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Well monkey say, monkey do.

I havn't done a leak test in my last 6 builds. No point if you just give every last clip a last good twist before hand.

Btw, poured water all over my x850xt cloes to 2 years ago while it was on. Cleaned it up, booted back up the pc and nearlyy jumped when it still worked. Still going to this day. That was the fault of ****ty quick connect fittings.

Advertisement