Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do Irish Boys & Girls Rate in Bed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

eo980 wrote:
    I do believe she's happily married, I doubt she'll receive your suggestion well!

I am not nor have I ever been to date married and being over 30 I am not a 'girl'.

limklad go educate yourslef on sexuality, master tantric yoga and sex magic and devlope a personality and who know what woudl be possible then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thaedydal wrote:
    I am not nor have I ever been to date married and being over 30 I am not a 'girl'.

My apologies, I had thought you were married. Never called you a 'girl' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Firstly Irish girls in Ireland are much different from Irish girls abroad.

That is because of Irish attitudes and many women acting this way would be deemed slappers and slags. As a result Irish women are more reserved in public and would not generally be sexual predators. :eek:

This brings me to my next point. Irish women abroad where nobody knows them or judges them are much more sexually active and adventurous and would be deemed extremely good in bed.:)

I have to completely agree here, and if the other ladies here are honest they will too. I know for a fact that I am infinitely more liberated abroad, no best friends, siblings etc to judge you about your choices/actions and it comes down to the fact that Irish society is incredibly critical and judgemental. Now when I say more liberated I dont mean easier or more likely to jump into bed with anyone who gives the come on but more open to be chatted up and to interact with guys without all of the usual bull attached. Like, oh my best friend would hate him, is there anyone watching who would start blabbing all over town etc. So there is definately a greater sense of sexual freedom abroad. Also, a proven fact that heat/sun/excitement of a holiday all drive sexual libido way up in both men and women. So I think its time to start phoning the travel agent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jimmyc123 wrote:
    Right I'm not bragging or anything but I do have experience with Irish and many other different nationalities and nothing for certain can be said. Firstly Irish girls in Ireland are much different from Irish girls abroad. :confused:

All that was said about the Catholic Church having influenced or effected our sexuality may be true and in Ireland women who are sexually active and open about it would be be few are far between.That is because of Irish attitudes and many women acting this way would be deemed slappers and slags. As a result Irish women are more reserved in public and would not generally be sexual predators. :eek:

This does not mean women don't love sex, Irish society has placed this guilt on them and hindered sexual liberation. This brings me to my next point. Irish women abroad where nobody knows them or judges them are much more sexually active and adventurous and would be deemed extremely good in bed.:)

Likewise I think with all nationalities it depends on the circumstances, whether you meet a French girl working in Paris on a business trip or in Temple Bar over on a Hen night depends how easy/good the sex is. Women on holidays like to let go and enjoy themselves while in every day lives may be preoccupied with work relationships etc etc. So each and every one is different and the circumstances mood history class nationality all have to be taken into account when trying to sea trends but for the sake of the pole Ill generalise and summarise

Irish Women- Reserved at first but a little (alcohol) a lot of fun can be had

English Girls- Up for anything but not willing to make the effort

French Girls- Take control and know what they want. And they want it

Spanish Girls- Very sensual very sexy great lovers

American Girls- Up for anything but make too much of an effort

South American- Fantastic they insure you are satisfied

Swedish- Demanding a tad selfish but very liberated

What a load of horse poo. Admit it Jimmy the only Girl you've ever been with was that fat chick from Leitrim with the hairy armpits you pulled last summer in Coppers. Swedish indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Does being a slut automatically equal being great in the sack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

boreds wrote:
    I can see how people might think thats how it works, but no. In much the same way that two piece jigsaw puzzles, while easy, are not very satisfying to complete.

boreds wrote:

Nope.

Being a slut is about lack of self respect.

You can be a slut and have slept with 10 men and be still crap at it just lying there legs akimbo,
    or you can be a person who knows what she wants and how to communitcate with her partners so they both get what they want, who has slept with 50 men and still not be a slut.

eo980 the thread refers to 'girls' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Way too much generalisation as has been said but i reckon irish girls are great! Maybe its the fact that the deepness of eastern european's voices scares me in a dark room or that most english girls ive been with have been boring i dunno.

They're defo more liberal abroad though, but we have the church and irish attitudes to thank for that. sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

being a slut = lack of self respect? no, it equals women who arent getting any ragging on women who are up for it. girls are the one thatve made being a slut a term of derission. its the exact same thing as a stud and no bloke finds being called that offensive.

irish girls are just emotionaly crippled by self loathing. its not the church, its just your own damn traitorous back stabbing. if a girls popular with the men she's a whore and you go out of your way to tear her down. honnestly have you ever seen a guy do the samething to another guy?

no

and the implication that you have to be a supermodel to be great in the sack. where the hell did people get that idea? enthusiam is what matters in bed not looks. if you wernt attractive you wouldnt be in the position to worry about that in the first place:rolleyes:

i love irish girls as i get on with them better than any other race, they really are unique. but theyre not doing themselves any favours in their approach to men and view of themselves.

and yes, for those that havent figuered it out yet. just lying there isnt hot, no matter how attractive you are. thankfully the girls ive been with dont fall into that catagory but ive heard it too much off me mates for it to be just an urban myth.

by the way, polls not looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Don't think it matters if they are Irish. You can get both.

If an Irish women has been treated right before the she will be more adventerous and open to new things than a girl that has been treated badly.

Though, I am worried about what seems to be the increasing Ladette culture. They think being crude and foul mouthed is being sexually liberated/confident when they tend to be very selfish in bed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

its the exact same thing as a stud and no bloke finds being called that offensive.

irish girls are just emotionaly crippled by self loathing. its not the church, its just your own damn traitorous back stabbing. if a girls popular with the men she's a whore and you go out of your way to tear her down. honnestly have you ever seen a guy do the samething to another guy?

no

a Male slut/stud and a Female slut are two different things.
    Why do men get a pat on the back and women get dirty looks? Because it is waaaay harder for men to get sex from a woman than it is a woman from a man.
    If a woman opens her legs and has sex with just any old bloke 'coz she can' then that is what being a slut is to me. I think it is very irresponsable for a woman to do this, for obvious reasons, ie being left to carry the bun in the oven of a random willy. And that does not make me 'jealous.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, sometimes u have to be adventerous first with Irish girls in order for them to trust u. Sparks can fly when that happens!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

When you talk about "quality" of sex I think some sort of distinction needs to be drawn between one night stand sex with an irish girl and longterm relationship sex with an irish girl .......

lack of an appropriate sample size prevents me from commenting further :rolleyes:

boreds wrote:
    a Male slut/stud and a Female slut are two different things.
    Why do men get a pat on the back and women get dirty looks? Because it is waaaay harder for men to get sex from a woman than it is a woman from a man.
    If a woman opens her legs and has sex with just any old bloke 'coz she can' then that is what being a slut is to me. I think it is very irresponsable for a woman to do this, for obvious reasons, ie being left to carry the bun in the oven of a random willy. And that does not make me 'jealous.

no its not , its the exact same bloody thing. the only people drawing a distinction between sluts and studs are women. FFS weve had the pill since the 60s and you can get an ampule put in your arm that can stop you getting pregnant for 5 years ! your just grasping at straws with the prengancy thing.

the fact is theres nothing wrong with a woman whos cautious in regards to health issues sleeping with as many men as she wants. but she'll get persecuted by other women saying shes "irresponsible" and has no "self respect". in other words she's a threat to you and you'll crush her socially.

women, your your own worst enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

no its not , its the exact same bloody thing. the only people drawing a distinction between sluts and studs are women. FFS weve had the pill since the 60s and you can get an ampule put in your arm that can stop you getting pregnant for 5 years ! your just grasping at straws with the prengancy thing.

the fact is theres nothing wrong with a woman whos cautious in regards to health issues sleeping with as many men as she wants. but she'll get persecuted by other women saying shes "irresponsible" and has no "self respect". in other words she's a threat to you and you'll crush her socially.

Agreed. Although there are women who will sleep with men in order to feel loved/attention, due to personal insecurity. I wouldn't really call this slutty but I wouldn't consider it healthy either. Often they are then condemned by other women which only makes things worse.

• Advertisement

being a slut = lack of self respect? no, it equals women who arent getting any ragging on women who are up for it. girls are the one thatve made being a slut a term of derission. its the exact same thing as a stud and no bloke finds being called that offensive.

Nope.
    I will call someone's behaviour slutty and it would never have anything to do with being jealous.
    A person's gender would not stop me calling them a slut either, there are plenty of male sluts out there.

There is a big difference between a slut and a whore. :rolleyes:
    Being popular does not make you a slut or a whore and I certainly would not back stab over such things.

And yes I have seen guys sabotage a guy who was getting more 'lucky' then then were on a regular bases even to the extent of telling the woman that the guy he is chatting upthat he had shagged other women that week or that he was riddled with the pox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Thaedydal wrote:
    And yes I have seen guys sabotage a guy who was getting more 'lucky' then then were on a regular bases even to the extent of telling the woman that the guy he is chatting upthat he had shagged other women that week or that he was riddled with the pox.

Yea, but that's because it's funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is this thread about sex or about sleeping? Im confused!

Contraception has been around for a while true, doesn't mean people still use it.
    I'm talking about the fundamental reason why women need to be careful with whom and how they have sex, because sex available on tap for nearly all women, it isn't for men (unless they pay for it). I think many (and especially young) women may think sexual freedom means that they have to go out and do it as often as possible, even if it means being picked up by someone they wouldnt normally go for.
    If a woman really wants to sleep with the people she's chosen then thats fine, I dont care what the number is, but if she is doing so in order just to boost her esteem and keeps making the same mistakes and feels shítty afterwards, then that is wrong in my opinion.
    I completly agree that the biggest threat to women are ourselves. Jealousy can be a cruel thing.
    Women with loose morals don't make me feel jealous or threatened though. I just have a lack of respect for them, as do many Men it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jimmyc123

Pighead wrote:
    What a load of horse poo. Admit it Jimmy the only Girl you've ever been with was that fat chick from Leitrim with the hairy armpits you pulled last summer in Coppers. Swedish indeed.
    Ya but that armpit hair was blond and she sounded swedish as she rolled of me the next morning ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Thaedydal wrote:

limklad go educate yourslef on sexuality, master tantric yoga and sex magic and devlope a personality and who know what woudl be possible then.
    No she a woman, a Mammy with two kids and I here because I am sick at the moment, so master tantric yoga wont help me, The real thing will..
    read your posting for proof of sex.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055065144&page=2

You do not like to be challenge and definitely have a difference of opinion with me for my posting on this website on certain issues

wow you pop pyche profile of me sooooo true!!!11!!!!

I have difference of opinions with many people.

what ? hang on were you stalking my posts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Thaedydal wrote:
    wow you pop pyche profile of me sooooo true!!!11!!!!

I have difference of opinions with many people.

I love debating and talking and listening with different people and discussing issues. I hate the same old thing.

I hope you are not upset with me, I know we have a difference of opinion due to our difference experiences.

I have no problem that you have your own opionon, I have many difference opinions with many people, and still have great craic with them. The world would be boring otherwise.

Thaedydal wrote:
    what ? hang on were you stalking my posts ?
    Nope, I did notice you as well as other people in other forums. I am good at seeing patterns and get a picture of people.
    At the moment, I am sick at home and the only thing to do is going around the all the other forum reading and posting. Also there is nothing much on TV. This website is far more interesting.

I look forward in battling our wits or helping others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Following on from dSTAR's thread.

My experiences have been good, but the best by far was a Spaniard. Out of the ball park! :D

ha you have been infected wiht the boards.ie sickness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

How very unexpected.
    Same as before: no details,etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

God I'm starting to hate this trend. MERGED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm ****in class in de sack. Dunno about all the other irish guys but I'm guessing they're not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Speak for yourself Call Me Jimmy, I even go to the trouble of the oul socks off before the trousers. I'm a bleedin legend, I am.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Wibbs wrote:
    Speak for yourself Call Me Jimmy, I even go to the trouble of the oul socks off before the trousers. I'm a bleedin legend, I am.:D

You... called me "Call Me Jimmy", that was a beautiful moment in my life I will never forget. Thank you.

Yours forever,
    Call Me Jimmy.

On topic: My secret is knee high stockings, girls go crazy for em. They love rippin' em off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:d

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I am retired from my teaching days in reguards to such matters and have no time for boys or girls, too much effort.

And my names Barry White :)

Seriously, it's all a bit of fun. Take it to serious bring labels inti it and it gets boring. There is a difference though in what most Irish girls will do on a one night stand and in a LT relationship and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I don't think you can judge how good a woman will be in bed on her nationality.

As a nation I don't think we're the most attractive in the world. My bf is from NZ and he thinks Irish girls are gorgeous, ok he might be biased but I've talked to some of his kiwi mates and they think Irish girls are great. Apparently they think Irish girls are loads of fun and you can have a real laugh with them. They rate the fun and friendliness above lots of other traits. Apparently girls in some other countries are stuck up. They used to go to irish bars in NZ cos they knew that there'd be irish girls there to have a laugh with.

Isn't that what being good in bed is all about, being up for a laugh, being open and having fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

definately cant generalise. I've had absolutely amazing sex with irish girls and i've had a few stinkers, including 1 or 2 that just lay there and tried to move and be all sexy but had no "sex rhythm" who, defying all norms, i'd rather they just lie still and let me get it over with!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

what about how irish men are in bed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If I were to put all the women I've ever slept with on a sliding scale, the best would be Scottish, the worst English, with women who were Irish coming second and second last so I have to say I'm in the 'it depends on the woman' camp. Never been with a Scottish girl who wasn't fun though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

irishbird wrote:

Just do the Afterhours Tradition and start a reverse thread? :)

As for people in bed, i find it best to actually sleep with them before making judgements.

I don't assume anything about ANYONE based on there nationality, don't see why i would do so with regard to sex.

Personally, i have had good sex and bad sex. Sometimes with the same person for whatever reasons. It happens.

The simple fact is with 2 people involved maybe YOU can't give them what they need to get excited over? Thats just the way it is, we don't all go together. It's no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Bad sex is still better than a good day at work.
    TK

• Advertisement

NeMiSiS wrote:
    TK

Exactly. Unless it's "injury causing" bad sex. Which is invariably better than nothing a whole lot. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

irishbird wrote:

Exactly, i have a lot of g/friends who wouldn't go near irish men.
    Even with quotes that a piece of plastic would be better.

It is a silly thread really, but the question i ask is this..if you think that irish girls are "bad" in bed..what do you do about it?

The same old three jackhammer pumps and a squirt at the end....... or do you lead by example.

There are a few golden rules in the philosophy I follow and one of them is," if you want your partner to be an ecstatic lover, become one yourself." Follwoing that principle incredibly straightforward to overcome a lopt of the issues that people seem to have here.

And i am also wary of people who say how good they are in bed, usually means a closed mind and no willingness to learn.

Thaed: we (people) should never stop teaching each other (their partners) though should we :). Though to some extent i agree with your "boys" and "girls" comment, give me a realtively "inexperienced" individual with an open attitude than an "experienced" person who thinks they are the bees knees.

Limklad: you don't have to be a tantric expert to do any of this just comon sesne really. What is the saying about a bad workman? :D

Exactly, i have a lot of g/friends who wouldn't go near irish men.
    Even with quotes that a piece of plastic would be better.

I'm just wondering when sex and racism became so intermingled?

Dragan wrote:
    I'm just wondering when sex and racism became so intermingled?

To be honest, i don't know, but most of these are irish girls. Perhaps this whole thread is as that is what it is saying on the dotted line. But you see it very frequently. Perhaps it is just contempt for what you know/are used to.

I have seen posts where guys have dribbled over eastern europeans as these appear to be the new flavour. If people would just look at the person, it really wouldn't matter.

To be honest, i don't know, but most of these are irish girls. Perhaps this whole thread is as that is what it is saying on the dotted line. But you see it very frequently. Perhaps it is just contempt for what you know/are used to.

I have seen posts where guys have dribbled over eastern europeans as these appear to be the new flavour. If people would just look at the person, it really wouldn't matter.

in fairness alot of irish girls have disappeared up their own holes in the last couple of years in terms of posturing and shallowness so we actually are looking at the person . this also applys to blokes, but this thread is about girls.

i find mid 20's to 30's girls alot nicer to just talk to than the celtic tigereses as they remember a time when relentless pursuit of money and social standing wasnt everything and thats something the eastern european girls know as well which is why alot of lads like em. ok theyre here for a buck but they dont define themselves by the job they work at to get it. alot of irish girls wouldnt dream of "lowering" themselves to being a waitress.

plus the bigger genepool doesnt hurt :D

by the way am getting very worried that ice queen seems to shooting up the poll. come on i know ive done my fair share of slagging but once you get past the shell irish girls arent that bad!

in fairness alot of irish girls have disappeared up their own holes in the last couple of years in terms of posturing and shallowness so we actually are looking at the person . this also applys to blokes, but this thread is about girls.

i find mid 20's to 30's girls alot nicer to just talk to than the celtic tigereses as they remember a time when relentless pursuit of money and social standing wasnt everything and thats something the eastern european girls know as well which is why alot of lads like em. ok theyre here for a buck but they dont define themselves by the job they work at to get it. alot of irish girls wouldnt dream of "lowering" themselves to being a waitress.

plus the bigger genepool doesnt hurt :D

by the way am getting very worried that ice queen seems to shooting up the poll. come on i know ive done my fair share of slagging but once you get past the shell irish girls arent that bad!

Aye, but i have heard that said about all other nationalities as well. Maybe its just me but i haven't experienced that aspect as such, certainly some with connection issues but we got around that :). So ice queens were certainly not in the majority.

It has been said that women in their 30s and 40s are a LOT more open and relaxed so your comment about age may be correct. Rather then a celtic tigress thing it may be an age thing, you begin to look at different things when you realise that aspects you once thought attractive ain't worth crap.

It takes two to tango though constitutionus, you can't expect someone to be a voracious lover if they haven't really understood themselves or what makes a partner tick. So it goes back to the original little rule, if you want your partner to be an ecstatic lover, be one yourself.

I do wonder if we put this on boards.uk or boards.usa, Boards.it etc. what responses we would get. I would hazard that you would get similar responses.

Still, the church has lost its grip and the old attitudes are changing, so there is a great deal to be positive about in Irish women if we continue to open up and be more forthright about sex (and men as well! )

Edit: tho you said the thread was about girls, the title says boys and girls :)
    ]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

I have yet to meet an irish girl with a brazillian/hollywood, boo hoo

I think women over 27/28 are better in bed, I know thats a big generalisation but does seem to be the case. They probably know more what they like with experience and are more willing to try new things.

But it takes two to tango :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Pigman II wrote:
    Irish girls are the most beautiful in the world. They may be shít in bed but thats your job to educate them.

I agree if she is terrible in bed it just means she hasnt had a good man ever to teach her. I have slept with some crap women in my time but by the time I was finished they were damn fine.

If you are looking for a hot one night stand then you are playing the odds regardless of nationality.

When a man asks Are Irish women crap in bed? Then maybe he should question his own abilities. Dude have you tried some foreplay before jumping aboard. 9 times out of ten if you use foreplay correctly the lady will be alot more alive and turned on. If she is a sack of spuds then frankly my friend she is not turned on or bored out of her tree. :rolleyes:

I agree if she is terrible in bed it just means she hasnt had a good man ever to teach her. I have slept with some crap women in my time but by the time I was finished they were damn fine.
    :D "damn fine"? Oh God. There is indeed hope for the rest of us.
    When a man asks Are Irish women crap in bed? Then maybe he should question his own abilities. Dude have you tried some foreplay before jumping aboard. 9 times out of ten if you use foreplay correctly the lady will be alot more alive and turned on. If she is a sack of spuds then frankly my friend she is not turned on or bored out of her tree. :rolleyes:
    The stuff about questioning ones own abilities I can see, but "jumping aboard"? "Alive and turned on?", "sack of spuds" Muhahahhah. Oh. My. Gawd. You can just tell, can't you?

NeMiSiS wrote:
    TK

No it is not.
    Bad sex can be hugely unsatifying, can strike a person's id and ego and be
    demoralising on sooo many levels.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement